iPhone 4S Problems Hearing, Battery, Screen

Contributor

iPhone 4S Problems Hearing, Battery, Screen

Hello, I have been having problems receiving and making phone calls ever since I purchased my new iPhone 4S. At first I thought it was the phones of the people I was calling but then I had to admit that it was simply mine. It seems to only work a bit when it is on speaker!? After paying so much money for an upgrade I am fairly disappointed. Is anyone else having similar issues? Is there a software update in the works for this? Everytime I try to make a call I hear this static noise in the background! So weird to hear in a digital age.
Message 1 of 3 (1,104 Views)
Professor

Re: iPhone 4S Problems Hearing, Battery, Screen

Jr917 wrote:
Hello, I have been having problems receiving and making phone calls ever since I purchased my new iPhone 4S. At first I thought it was the phones of the people I was calling but then I had to admit that it was simply mine. It seems to only work a bit when it is on speaker!? After paying so much money for an upgrade I am fairly disappointed. Is anyone else having similar issues? Is there a software update in the works for this? Everytime I try to make a call I hear this static noise in the background! So weird to hear in a digital age.

hello.  take it back to apple and do a exchange. i got a black 16GB 4S 10/15/11 it had issues after 1 week. so i went back to the apple store.  pay apple a visit ask for a exchange, go to apple.com reserve a  Iphone as you was going to buy it set the day for the next day. go back to the apple store and tell them you name they will look up your Reservation and do the Exchange. bring back your box and all the contents that came in the box.  how old is the 4S when did you do the upgrade?

Message 2 of 3 (1,094 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: iPhone 4S Problems Hearing, Battery, Screen

I just bought it about 4 weeks ago... I'm in school a lot so I haven't made too many calls. I noticed the problem about 2 weeks ago, I thought it was the other users' phones but it kept continually happening. I bought my phone from AT&T and they're closed now so I will have to wait, perhaps until free I come home in a week. (Thanksgiving break) Sigh... No one can hear me unless I'm on speaker... After a while I just googled and have seen a lot of complaints about this. Some say it's a software issue? If its a hardware, I hope it's covers under the regular warranty.
Message 3 of 3 (1,083 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.