Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 10, 2011
9:13:51 AM
View profile
iPhone 4S Order MIA in at&t System

I pre ordered the 4S Friday 10/7, and received a confirmation email including an order number immediately at 7:05 AM Eastern.  As of now, I can't find the order in the system, telephone customer service can't find it either.  There are 2 pending charges on my AmEx from at&t Estore for $1 each, as of Friday AM.  At&t site does not yet show an updated contract start date.  Should I be worried yet that no one at at&t can find my order?  Thanks in advance!

I pre ordered the 4S Friday 10/7, and received a confirmation email including an order number immediately at 7:05 AM Eastern.  As of now, I can't find the order in the system, telephone customer service can't find it either.  There are 2 pending charges on my AmEx from at&t Estore for $1 each, as of Friday AM.  At&t site does not yet show an updated contract start date.  Should I be worried yet that no one at at&t can find my order?  Thanks in advance!

iPhone 4S Order MIA in at&t System

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:25:18 AM
(0)
Scholar

Try checking here:

https://www.att.com/eos/unauth/eosLogin?productType=wireless

Click on the blue "Check Order Status" button. New page loads

Select "wireless number" from the dropdown, and search on the wireless number you upgraded.

Try checking here:

https://www.att.com/eos/unauth/eosLogin?productType=wireless

Click on the blue "Check Order Status" button. New page loads

Select "wireless number" from the dropdown, and search on the wireless number you upgraded.

Re: iPhone 4S Order MIA in at&t System

2 of 21 (2,317 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:26:08 AM
(0)
Contributor
I am having the exact same problem. Customer service is remarkably useless. It is astounding that their computer systems are so worthless. I ordered mine through premier and the order shows as pending through the email link but CS still claims I never placed an order. I don't see the order associated with my acct through olam. Hope this gets resolved in a manner that isn't what CS is telling me, ie place a new order and wait 3 weeks for the phone. Absurd.
I am having the exact same problem. Customer service is remarkably useless. It is astounding that their computer systems are so worthless. I ordered mine through premier and the order shows as pending through the email link but CS still claims I never placed an order. I don't see the order associated with my acct through olam. Hope this gets resolved in a manner that isn't what CS is telling me, ie place a new order and wait 3 weeks for the phone. Absurd.

3 of 21 (2,314 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 10:02:42 AM
(0)
Professor
Are you calling Premier CS or regular ATT CS? In the past they have been different and Premier orders don't show or show different in the regular ATT system. If you ordered via Premier, you need to contact Premier CS and only use the link they sent you in the email.
Are you calling Premier CS or regular ATT CS? In the past they have been different and Premier orders don't show or show different in the regular ATT system. If you ordered via Premier, you need to contact Premier CS and only use the link they sent you in the email.

4 of 21 (2,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 10:33:44 AM
(0)

I have no idea whether I ordered through Premier or regular system.  What's the difference?

I have no idea whether I ordered through Premier or regular system.  What's the difference?

5 of 21 (2,227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 10:48:31 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by dww0311 on Oct 10, 2011 at 10:50:03 AM

Premier is Business and FAN customers.

Where did your confirmation email from? If you ordered through Premier, it would have come from premier@ blah blah blah and have a subject of "AT&T Premier Order Received".

Premier is Business and FAN customers.

Where did your confirmation email from? If you ordered through Premier, it would have come from premier@ blah blah blah and have a subject of "AT&T Premier Order Received".

[ Edited ]
6 of 21 (2,214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 10:58:03 AM
(0)

Got it, I'm standard.

Got it, I'm standard.

7 of 21 (2,201 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 11:06:04 AM
(0)
Scholar

v8plus4 wrote:

Got it, I'm standard.

Were you able to find your order using the process I listed above?

v8plus4 wrote:

Got it, I'm standard.

Were you able to find your order using the process I listed above?

8 of 21 (2,186 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 11:09:52 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 12, 2011 at 5:48:25 PM

Im in the same boat.  Got a waiver on upgrade through retention. Ordered with a number on Fri at 3pm. Was advised I would get a TnC email in 24 hours and the item is scheduled for delivery on the 14th. I have an order number also. 

As of today I still cannot get to the dept i need that has access to my order and the agents that said they have talked to the dept said my delivery time is 21 to 28 days. 

IM IN ATT {word filter evasion}

Im in the same boat.  Got a waiver on upgrade through retention. Ordered with a number on Fri at 3pm. Was advised I would get a TnC email in 24 hours and the item is scheduled for delivery on the 14th. I have an order number also. 

As of today I still cannot get to the dept i need that has access to my order and the agents that said they have talked to the dept said my delivery time is 21 to 28 days. 

IM IN ATT {word filter evasion}

[ Edited ]
9 of 21 (2,183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 11:25:25 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 12, 2011 at 5:48:57 PM

I placed an order for an upgrade to an existing line on my account for an iPhone 4S:

Date: 10/07/11

Time: 5:30AM CDT

I checked my order status today and received this message:

OS001: We apologize for the inconvenience. We cannot complete your request at this time. Please wait at least 24 hrs from placing your order, before checking the status of your order online. If the problem persists, please call us at 1-888-333-6651 for further assistance. NOTE: An email may have been sent to your email address on file. Please check your email which may have additional information about your order.

I called 5x to customer service and got 5 different stories as to why my order number isn't in their system.  The last operator I spoke to informed me that they are aware of an issue with all orders that begin with 1401xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,  SHe informed me also there will be an email sent out to all customers with an order number beginning with 1401 explaining the delay.  How long of a delay?  Of course, no answer provided.  This could be pure 'put the customer off and tell them anything to ge them off the phone', but my credit card has a $1.00 hold on it at this moment by AT&T and my order is MIA.

I'm in AT&T {word filter evasion} too.

I placed an order for an upgrade to an existing line on my account for an iPhone 4S:

Date: 10/07/11

Time: 5:30AM CDT

I checked my order status today and received this message:

OS001: We apologize for the inconvenience. We cannot complete your request at this time. Please wait at least 24 hrs from placing your order, before checking the status of your order online. If the problem persists, please call us at 1-888-333-6651 for further assistance. NOTE: An email may have been sent to your email address on file. Please check your email which may have additional information about your order.

I called 5x to customer service and got 5 different stories as to why my order number isn't in their system.  The last operator I spoke to informed me that they are aware of an issue with all orders that begin with 1401xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,  SHe informed me also there will be an email sent out to all customers with an order number beginning with 1401 explaining the delay.  How long of a delay?  Of course, no answer provided.  This could be pure 'put the customer off and tell them anything to ge them off the phone', but my credit card has a $1.00 hold on it at this moment by AT&T and my order is MIA.

I'm in AT&T {word filter evasion} too.

[ Edited ]
10 of 21 (2,162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 11:50:19 AM
(0)

DW, I did try, got  the following mesage:  OS001: We apologize for the inconvenience. We cannot complete your request at this time. Please wait at least 24 hrs from placing your order, before checking the status of your order online. If the problem persists, please call us at 1-888-333-6651 for further assistance. NOTE: An email may have been sent to your email address on file. Please check your email which may have additional information about your order.

Guess I will keep waiting...

DW, I did try, got  the following mesage:  OS001: We apologize for the inconvenience. We cannot complete your request at this time. Please wait at least 24 hrs from placing your order, before checking the status of your order online. If the problem persists, please call us at 1-888-333-6651 for further assistance. NOTE: An email may have been sent to your email address on file. Please check your email which may have additional information about your order.

Guess I will keep waiting...

11 of 21 (1,710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 12:19:55 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 10, 2011 at 1:48:59 PM

[Image Removed: {Personal content removed for your safety}]

*BUMP*

Same problem here.

Phone order because my upgrade was not elegible for online upgrade...0.o , i dnt know either...

Order Placed 10/7/2011 11:30am

*************************UPDATE******************* 72hrs later,    AT&T ORDER RECEIVED!  Cant beleive it, literally just got the Terms & Conditions email. Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

[Image Removed: {Personal content removed for your safety}]

*BUMP*

Same problem here.

Phone order because my upgrade was not elegible for online upgrade...0.o , i dnt know either...

Order Placed 10/7/2011 11:30am

*************************UPDATE******************* 72hrs later,    AT&T ORDER RECEIVED!  Cant beleive it, literally just got the Terms & Conditions email. Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

[ Edited ]
12 of 21 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 3:00:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had the exact same problem except that my $1 charge disappeared today (Monday).

I called and they had no record of my order, so I ordered from the apple store.

That process was simple, but now I have to wait until Oct. 24-31 to receive my new phone.

My original order was on Friday Oct. 7th 7AM EST,  so I ASSUME I would have made the 14th cutoff.

Now if I miraculously receive my T&C email, I'm not sure what to do.

I had the exact same problem except that my $1 charge disappeared today (Monday).

I called and they had no record of my order, so I ordered from the apple store.

That process was simple, but now I have to wait until Oct. 24-31 to receive my new phone.

My original order was on Friday Oct. 7th 7AM EST,  so I ASSUME I would have made the 14th cutoff.

Now if I miraculously receive my T&C email, I'm not sure what to do.

13 of 21 (1,618 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 4:12:53 PM
(0)
Scholar

I am having the same issues. I got a $200 charge on my card friday and I got emails but it isn't found in the system. I called in finally and the CSR was able to find it. I guess their order status system just sucks.

I am having the same issues. I got a $200 charge on my card friday and I got emails but it isn't found in the system. I called in finally and the CSR was able to find it. I guess their order status system just sucks.

14 of 21 (1,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:49:35 PM
(0)

UPDATE---

I received an email tonight, AT&T Order Confirmation; Your Order Has Been Processed.  The online system now says order status "In Process" and back-ordered, and pending shipment.  It says "Date Ordered" is 10/10/11.  It does not indicate an expected delivery date.  I'm going to (hopefully) assume that it will be delivered on Friday, as indicated in the email I received at 7:05 AM last Friday 10/07 when I placed the order.

It's taken about 85 hours from the time I received my order confirmation for their system to process the order.  They must be running Windows.

UPDATE---

I received an email tonight, AT&T Order Confirmation; Your Order Has Been Processed.  The online system now says order status "In Process" and back-ordered, and pending shipment.  It says "Date Ordered" is 10/10/11.  It does not indicate an expected delivery date.  I'm going to (hopefully) assume that it will be delivered on Friday, as indicated in the email I received at 7:05 AM last Friday 10/07 when I placed the order.

It's taken about 85 hours from the time I received my order confirmation for their system to process the order.  They must be running Windows.

15 of 21 (1,526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:53:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

V8plus4

The exact thing just happened to me.

I had to cancel my apple.com order, and now I wait to see when the actually ship.

EVERY person I talked to at AT&T was also very confused about their online ordering system

V8plus4

The exact thing just happened to me.

I had to cancel my apple.com order, and now I wait to see when the actually ship.

EVERY person I talked to at AT&T was also very confused about their online ordering system

16 of 21 (1,517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 9:36:13 AM
(0)
Teacher

Try checking with your phone number, I was receiving the same error using the order number.  I started using the phone number and it works every time.

Try checking with your phone number, I was receiving the same error using the order number.  I started using the phone number and it works every time.

17 of 21 (1,385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 10:09:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have just got off the phone from At&T Premier support after waiting on hold for 1 hour 8 minutes.  They say they cannot find my order in the system and yet if I use my order number I got in the confirmation email it brings the order right up with a status of pending.  I cannot find it any other way than going to www.att.com/myorder and putting in my order number.  So after a frustrating 2 hours of holding and then getting no help I am left with the issue that my order is lost and they cannot do anything for me.  Also the address on my confirmation email is the wrong address so if it actually ships they will be shipping it to the house I moved out of 2 years ago.  ATT customer service has hit an all time low in my book, not sure if I am a satisfied customer any more.

I have just got off the phone from At&T Premier support after waiting on hold for 1 hour 8 minutes.  They say they cannot find my order in the system and yet if I use my order number I got in the confirmation email it brings the order right up with a status of pending.  I cannot find it any other way than going to www.att.com/myorder and putting in my order number.  So after a frustrating 2 hours of holding and then getting no help I am left with the issue that my order is lost and they cannot do anything for me.  Also the address on my confirmation email is the wrong address so if it actually ships they will be shipping it to the house I moved out of 2 years ago.  ATT customer service has hit an all time low in my book, not sure if I am a satisfied customer any more.

18 of 21 (1,359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 11:22:36 AM
(0)
Scholar
I have tried both the order # and the phone #. Nothing in the system. No emails since Friday.
I have tried both the order # and the phone #. Nothing in the system. No emails since Friday.

19 of 21 (1,311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 7:02:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

This happened to me as well. I ordered it less than a hour after pre-orders started. No emails at all for me.

This happened to me as well. I ordered it less than a hour after pre-orders started. No emails at all for me.

20 of 21 (1,217 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 6:41:16 AM
(0)
Voyager

I ordered my phone on Friday morning between 7-8 am.  I received my terms and conditions email and my order status email later that day but as of right now my order still hasn't showed up in the online system.  I called at&t about this on monday and this morning and both times they were able to find my phone order but couldn't give me any specific information about when my phone would ship.  The woman I spoke to today told me that nothing would show up online until it shipped and that no phones are shipping until friday when they are available in the store.  I have priority shipping on my phone so she said that if mine was in the first batch to go out that I may get lucky and receive it on saturday.  My wife ordered her phone through the verizon sight on friday morning and hers is already in transit.  I thought the point of this pre-order was to have a chance to get the phone by the 14th but according to the last person I spoke to(I've also found that at&t customer service isn't always consistant with their answers)AT&T is not shipping until that day.  The only reason I even did the pre-order through AT&T is that my july 5th uprade date was mysteriously moved back to december 5 on July 2nd.  I've been calling about that ever since it happened and have been told multiple times that it was a mistake and would be fixed.  In the week leading up to the 4s pre-order they promised to fix the computer so I could order online but then on 10/6 changed their story and said that I would have to order on the phone or in a store because it is "impossible" to change the date in their computer  system.  Even on the morning of 10/7, after I'd spent over two hours on the phone with them during the previous two days, I still had to waste another hour and demand to speak to a supervisor in order to get the order done.  So, apparently AT&T can't control upgrade dates or order status in their computer system.  I should have just paid the early termination fee and escaped from this peice of crap company...

I ordered my phone on Friday morning between 7-8 am.  I received my terms and conditions email and my order status email later that day but as of right now my order still hasn't showed up in the online system.  I called at&t about this on monday and this morning and both times they were able to find my phone order but couldn't give me any specific information about when my phone would ship.  The woman I spoke to today told me that nothing would show up online until it shipped and that no phones are shipping until friday when they are available in the store.  I have priority shipping on my phone so she said that if mine was in the first batch to go out that I may get lucky and receive it on saturday.  My wife ordered her phone through the verizon sight on friday morning and hers is already in transit.  I thought the point of this pre-order was to have a chance to get the phone by the 14th but according to the last person I spoke to(I've also found that at&t customer service isn't always consistant with their answers)AT&T is not shipping until that day.  The only reason I even did the pre-order through AT&T is that my july 5th uprade date was mysteriously moved back to december 5 on July 2nd.  I've been calling about that ever since it happened and have been told multiple times that it was a mistake and would be fixed.  In the week leading up to the 4s pre-order they promised to fix the computer so I could order online but then on 10/6 changed their story and said that I would have to order on the phone or in a store because it is "impossible" to change the date in their computer  system.  Even on the morning of 10/7, after I'd spent over two hours on the phone with them during the previous two days, I still had to waste another hour and demand to speak to a supervisor in order to get the order done.  So, apparently AT&T can't control upgrade dates or order status in their computer system.  I should have just paid the early termination fee and escaped from this peice of crap company...

21 of 21 (1,089 Views)