Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 17, 2011
6:51:47 AM
iPhone 4S: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint Speed Test!

This test compares the iPhone4S on all 3 networks on AT&T, Verizon and Sprint... with AT&T and Verizon pretty much head to head, while Sprint lags behind them.

The only advantage AT&T has (and is the only network), is the ability to make calls and surf the web (or other things) on your phone at the same time. This function is not available on Verizon or Sprint.

Regardless of what network you choose, you will always gain one thing from one network and also lose what you once had with another. For example...

AT&T...

Gain:

1. Unlimited Data (only for those that are grandfathered from their previous plan)

2. Dual function with iPhone (the ability to make calls and surf the web at the same time)

Loss: No Unlimited Data

VERIZON...

Gain: No to fewer dropped calls

Loss

1. No Unlimited Data

2. Most expensive of the 3 networks

SPRINT...

Gain:

1. Unlimited Data

2. More affordable than AT&T and Verizon

Loss: Slower of the 3 Networks

Those are just a few examples, but most importantly, also depends on where you live. All States differ so any of these networks will vary and will be better or worse depending on your area. So for those complaining, keep in mind the problems you are experiencing is within your area and not the fault of the entire network as a whole. While you may have problems, someone else may have a better experience with your same network.

For more comparisons...

Which Network Is Best: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint?

Comparison Chart: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint

Best Carrier: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint?

Speed Test Comparison...

iPhone4S Speed Test on AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint

This test compares the iPhone4S on all 3 networks on AT&T, Verizon and Sprint... with AT&T and Verizon pretty much head to head, while Sprint lags behind them.

The only advantage AT&T has (and is the only network), is the ability to make calls and surf the web (or other things) on your phone at the same time. This function is not available on Verizon or Sprint.

Regardless of what network you choose, you will always gain one thing from one network and also lose what you once had with another. For example...

AT&T...

Gain:

1. Unlimited Data (only for those that are grandfathered from their previous plan)

2. Dual function with iPhone (the ability to make calls and surf the web at the same time)

Loss: No Unlimited Data

VERIZON...

Gain: No to fewer dropped calls

Loss

1. No Unlimited Data

2. Most expensive of the 3 networks

SPRINT...

Gain:

1. Unlimited Data

2. More affordable than AT&T and Verizon

Loss: Slower of the 3 Networks

Those are just a few examples, but most importantly, also depends on where you live. All States differ so any of these networks will vary and will be better or worse depending on your area. So for those complaining, keep in mind the problems you are experiencing is within your area and not the fault of the entire network as a whole. While you may have problems, someone else may have a better experience with your same network.

For more comparisons...

Which Network Is Best: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint?

Comparison Chart: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint

Best Carrier: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint?

Speed Test Comparison...

iPhone4S Speed Test on AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint

iPhone 4S: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint Speed Test!

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 8:45:23 AM
(0)
Mentor

Looks very questionable.

Speed is dependent upon the network in the area where the test are done.  I find it really strange that the AT&T device isn't kicking the Verizon devices butt in download speed, but with no knowledge of whether it's connecting to 3G, HSPA or HSPA+ networks, it's just questionable.

The comments on the youtube link also back up my statements, so I'm not just blasting the test... it's questionable.  The editing makes it look even more iffy.

Looks very questionable.

Speed is dependent upon the network in the area where the test are done.  I find it really strange that the AT&T device isn't kicking the Verizon devices butt in download speed, but with no knowledge of whether it's connecting to 3G, HSPA or HSPA+ networks, it's just questionable.

The comments on the youtube link also back up my statements, so I'm not just blasting the test... it's questionable.  The editing makes it look even more iffy.

Re: iPhone 4S: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint Speed Test!

2 of 3 (1,074 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 8:52:04 AM
(0)
Mentor

Tests are always questionable, but out of experience of my area...

if you want call quality = verizon

if you want speed = AT&T

if you want a paper wieght = Sprint

Tests are always questionable, but out of experience of my area...

if you want call quality = verizon

if you want speed = AT&T

if you want a paper wieght = Sprint

Re: iPhone 4S: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint Speed Test!

3 of 3 (1,062 Views)