Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 10, 2010
2:24:02 PM
View profile
iPhone 4 users, post your battery usage:

The iPhone 4 has the best battery life of any smartphone that I have had so far. I'm getting 7 hours of usage in a little under a 2 day period.  How about you guys, what is your battery life like?

Here is what I am seeing with my iPhone 4:

3G ON
WiFi ON
Bluetooth OFF
Location Services ON
Push Mail OFF, Fetch hourly ON.
Auto-Brightness ON, and set at 75%
My usage: Voice calls, messaging, Safari, iPod player,
Navigation, Weather & News, YouTube, Camera/Video, and email.

The iPhone 4 has the best battery life of any smartphone that I have had so far. I'm getting 7 hours of usage in a little under a 2 day period.  How about you guys, what is your battery life like?

Here is what I am seeing with my iPhone 4:

3G ON
WiFi ON
Bluetooth OFF
Location Services ON
Push Mail OFF, Fetch hourly ON.
Auto-Brightness ON, and set at 75%
My usage: Voice calls, messaging, Safari, iPod player,
Navigation, Weather & News, YouTube, Camera/Video, and email.

iPhone 4 users, post your battery usage:

34 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(34)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2010 7:22:24 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Please stay on topic please.  Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions". This will help other users find this information too!!

Scoobydoo

Please stay on topic please.  Thank you.

Re: iPhone 4 users, post your battery usage:

31 of 35 (625 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2010 7:46:43 AM
(0)
Scholar

I charge mine every night before going to bed.  It never run below 20%.  Is it imperative that I have to drain the battery to 0% every 30 charges? Or is it OK to do what I am doing?  What is the average life span of the battery?

I charge mine every night before going to bed.  It never run below 20%.  Is it imperative that I have to drain the battery to 0% every 30 charges? Or is it OK to do what I am doing?  What is the average life span of the battery?

32 of 35 (623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2010 9:05:11 AM
(0)
Master

Waterlily29 wrote:

I believe message #23 that I posted below said it best. Now as to the life span of your battery, it all depends on how you take care of it. Please review the link that was posted in a previous message in this thread for info on this if you wish.  "On Topic", what is your battery usage like? How many hours of use/standby time are you getting?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kwopau wrote:
The general idea of lithium battery is you can charge it whenever you need to regardless of where the % is. But keep in mind that once every 30 charge (1 month) you want to completely drain the battery until your phone shut itself off, so that it calibrates your battery accuracy.

Also keep in mind that it is not always a good idea to drain it to below 20% all the time as it stresses the battery when you charge it.

Waterlily29 wrote:

I believe message #23 that I posted below said it best. Now as to the life span of your battery, it all depends on how you take care of it. Please review the link that was posted in a previous message in this thread for info on this if you wish.  "On Topic", what is your battery usage like? How many hours of use/standby time are you getting?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kwopau wrote:
The general idea of lithium battery is you can charge it whenever you need to regardless of where the % is. But keep in mind that once every 30 charge (1 month) you want to completely drain the battery until your phone shut itself off, so that it calibrates your battery accuracy.

Also keep in mind that it is not always a good idea to drain it to below 20% all the time as it stresses the battery when you charge it.

33 of 35 (615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 11:54:37 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by b7i8l9l0 on Aug 23, 2010 at 11:55:16 AM

I did 13 hrs, 1 minute of usage in 1 day, 6 hours...

I did 13 hrs, 1 minute of usage in 1 day, 6 hours...

[ Edited ]
34 of 35 (555 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2010 1:03:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by johninsj on Aug 23, 2010 at 1:07:48 PM

So, I spent 2 hours (argh) (edit! 162 minutes... no wonder it seemed like forever!) on the phone last night trying to troubleshoot XP issues.

Two hours talk time used 50% of my battery. Not too bad. Phone got a tiny bit warm, call dropped every 50 minutes. We're not sure if I was dropping or the other side was.

Pretty pleased with the talk time on battery.

So, I spent 2 hours (argh) (edit! 162 minutes... no wonder it seemed like forever!) on the phone last night trying to troubleshoot XP issues.

Two hours talk time used 50% of my battery. Not too bad. Phone got a tiny bit warm, call dropped every 50 minutes. We're not sure if I was dropping or the other side was.

Pretty pleased with the talk time on battery.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
35 of 35 (541 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments