iPhone 4 unlocked from Australia

Contributor

iPhone 4 unlocked from Australia

Hi - I was living in Sydney and had an iPhone that Virgin Mobile unlocked when I left the country. I have my old iPhone 3 from ATT that I have been using but would really love to use the iPhone 4 again - the SIM cards are different sizes. Is this an international v. US thing or an ATT thing? Any way at all around it? 

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 4

Re: iPhone 4 unlocked from Australia

Not sure what you're asking....but the iPhone 4 did include a microSIM rather than a conventionally sized SIM. This is part of Apple's plan to miniaturize components. You should be able to go into an AT&T Store to get a new microSIM to use in your iPhone 4. Or you could employ an inexpensive SIM cutter that would cut your standard SIM down to size. Keep in mind that AT&T doesn't officially support using an iPhone on a prepaid plan, if you're on one of those.

Message 2 of 4
Professor

Apple went to the smaller SIM for the 4 and 4S. It's not a US thing, they are all like that.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

When you came to the United States...I'm guessing you received a SIM card from AT&T...I'm also assuming that you did not get a SIM card that can fit into your iPhone 4. This is because in order to use an iPhone 4 or an iPhone 4S, you'll need something called a Micro-SIM card. AT&T mistaken gave you a regular SIM card. Just request for a Micro-SIM card to use with your iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S and AT&T will gladly give one to you. Their may be a slight charge, but that's rare. Also note, iPhone is not supported on AT&T's GoPhone network, therefore you won't be able to use your iPhone or receive a Micro-SIM card for use on AT&T's pre-paid service.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support