Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 20, 2010
2:07:10 PM
View profile
iPhone 4 return to apple upgrade and contract reversal question

I have returned my iPhone 4 to Apple.  Got an email today indicating they have received it and I should get my money refunded to me within 5 business days.  I have gotten a new sim for my old iPhone (picked it up last Friday).  How long does it take for AT&T to reverse my contract and reset my upgrade eligibility?  And do I need anything to initiate this?  I asked the folks at the AT&T store when I reactivated my old phone about this and they said it is as soon as Apple sends them the signal that the phone has been returned, but what wasn't clear is if I need to do anything.  It has been returned to Apple within the 30 days according to Apple and AT&T rules.

I have returned my iPhone 4 to Apple.  Got an email today indicating they have received it and I should get my money refunded to me within 5 business days.  I have gotten a new sim for my old iPhone (picked it up last Friday).  How long does it take for AT&T to reverse my contract and reset my upgrade eligibility?  And do I need anything to initiate this?  I asked the folks at the AT&T store when I reactivated my old phone about this and they said it is as soon as Apple sends them the signal that the phone has been returned, but what wasn't clear is if I need to do anything.  It has been returned to Apple within the 30 days according to Apple and AT&T rules.

iPhone 4 return to apple upgrade and contract reversal question

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2010 6:44:32 PM
(0)
Teacher

I was just about to ask the same question Smiley Happy

I was just about to ask the same question Smiley Happy

Re: iPhone 4 return to apple upgrade and contract reversal question

2 of 19 (526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:17:52 AM
(0)
Teacher

anybody?

anybody?

3 of 19 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 6:32:37 AM
(0)
Voyager

Usually it takes about 3 days for upgrade eligibility to be reset after returning a device. I would contact Customer Service to follow up just to make sure that everything is on track.

Usually it takes about 3 days for upgrade eligibility to be reset after returning a device. I would contact Customer Service to follow up just to make sure that everything is on track.

4 of 19 (516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2010 7:29:39 AM
(0)
Teacher

Wow, mine is reset as of this morning according to my online account information.  Less than 24 hours.

Wow, mine is reset as of this morning according to my online account information.  Less than 24 hours.

5 of 19 (508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 2:38:29 PM
(0)
Teacher

malletto wrote:

that was quick

malletto wrote:

that was quick

6 of 19 (487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 2:44:41 PM
(0)
Professor

It may take a day or two to reverse the upgrade, it seems like it worked for one of you. Be patient Smiley Happy, but if it still hasnt updated after 5 or more days, call in to customer care.

It may take a day or two to reverse the upgrade, it seems like it worked for one of you. Be patient Smiley Happy, but if it still hasnt updated after 5 or more days, call in to customer care.

7 of 19 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 3:22:13 PM
(0)
Expert

UNSC_REACH wrote:

would probably assume business days also, nighrs and weekends not counted

UNSC_REACH wrote:

8 of 19 (479 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2010 7:20:55 AM
(0)
Professor

A quick check of your upgrade elegibility will help too. Call this number on your phone: *NEW# (*639#) and ATT will send you a free message with your upgrade elegibility. If you notice your elegibility is reset, your contract should be reset as well. You can confirm the contract on your online account, under Profile and User Information.

A quick check of your upgrade elegibility will help too. Call this number on your phone: *NEW# (*639#) and ATT will send you a free message with your upgrade elegibility. If you notice your elegibility is reset, your contract should be reset as well. You can confirm the contract on your online account, under Profile and User Information.

9 of 19 (467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2010 3:30:44 PM
(0)
Teacher

wingrider01 wrote:

UNSC_REACH wrote:

Apple is supposedly sending out huge shipment of iPhone 4 this weekend. Will ATT reimburse me if my upgrade is not reverse and I have to buy at full price? 

wingrider01 wrote:

UNSC_REACH wrote:

Apple is supposedly sending out huge shipment of iPhone 4 this weekend. Will ATT reimburse me if my upgrade is not reverse and I have to buy at full price? 

10 of 19 (457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2010 4:21:16 PM
(0)
Guru

samven582 wrote:

Its highly unlikely they woudl reimburse you the difference and I mean highly unlikely. Its honestly not worth the gamble.

samven582 wrote:

Its highly unlikely they woudl reimburse you the difference and I mean highly unlikely. Its honestly not worth the gamble.

11 of 19 (414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2010 4:44:51 PM
(0)
Professor
NO. Definetly don't do that, you'll have a headache and a half - if you don't already have one.
NO. Definetly don't do that, you'll have a headache and a half - if you don't already have one.

12 of 19 (412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 5:15:58 PM
(0)
Teacher

its been has been three days and att still has not reverse my upgrade and contract eligibility. What should I do? 

its been has been three days and att still has not reverse my upgrade and contract eligibility. What should I do? 

13 of 19 (399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2010 4:00:26 AM
(0)
Expert

samven582 wrote:

be patient - suspect it is business days and not week day count

samven582 wrote:

14 of 19 (392 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2010 3:17:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

wingrider01 wrote:

samven582 wrote:

it has not been reset. ATT keeps telling me the bestbuy has to call which they did twice already.

wingrider01 wrote:

samven582 wrote:

it has not been reset. ATT keeps telling me the bestbuy has to call which they did twice already.

15 of 19 (383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 7:10:02 AM
(0)
Teacher

contract and upgrade eligibility  still has not been reversed. 

16 of 19 (370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 7:34:44 AM
(0)
Expert

samven582 wrote:

not really going ot get help here, this is a peer to peer forum, outside of moderation att has no presence

samven582 wrote:

not really going ot get help here, this is a peer to peer forum, outside of moderation att has no presence

17 of 19 (368 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2011 4:58:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

Long story short, this is happening to me as well. It has been almost a months and AT&T still says my contract still hasn't been reversed.

Anybody got any ideas what I need to do? Best Buy said they did their part and AT&T said this is none of their business.

Very very frustrated wtih AT&T.............

Long story short, this is happening to me as well. It has been almost a months and AT&T still says my contract still hasn't been reversed.

Anybody got any ideas what I need to do? Best Buy said they did their part and AT&T said this is none of their business.

Very very frustrated wtih AT&T.............

18 of 19 (333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2011 5:19:33 PM
(0)
Employee
they won't reimburse you. you'll have to wait until its reversed for the discount price
they won't reimburse you. you'll have to wait until its reversed for the discount price
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

19 of 19 (329 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments