iPhone 4 "No Service" in Australia

iPhone 4 "No Service" in Australia

Hi - I'm currently on holiday in Sydney, Australia with my AT&T iPhone 4.  But, all I get is "No Service".  I also have an AT&T Blackberry Storm, and it is getting  full bars on 3G on the "Yes Optus" network - but the iPhone gets nothing.  Our Family Plan appears to have "Standard International" roaming enabled - so what's wrong??  Why can one phone on the plan get service and send/receive messages, but the iPhone 4 can't??

Message 1 of 6 (777 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: iPhone 4 "No Service" in Australia

It should be picking up the 900mhz GSM band, but perhaps not - do you have "3G" turned off under settings/general/network?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (764 Views)

"Enable 3G" is set to "ON", Cellular Data" = "ON" and "Data Roaming" is also set to "ON".  It will eventually (after a long time searching) see the local networks in the settings list (vodafone AU, Telestra Mobile, 3TELSTRA, YES OPTUS), but it won't provide service to any of them.

Message 3 of 6 (749 Views)

Try resetting network settings in Settings! To do this; Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Message 4 of 6 (734 Views)

Nope - no change after resetting the Network Settings.  We leave Sydney tomorrow, maybe it will be different in Melbourne - although I really doubt it...  Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 6 (670 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

do you have international roaming features for that line?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (652 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.