Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 25, 2011
10:42:29 PM
View profile
iPhone 4 data
I bought an iPhone last week an I decide I did not want any data only my iPhone is there any way to take the data off ? I don't mind paying a small fee
I bought an iPhone last week an I decide I did not want any data only my iPhone is there any way to take the data off ? I don't mind paying a small fee

iPhone 4 data

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 4:28:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

No, as is clearly stated on the contract and all over AT&T's website, all smartphones require data plans.

If you have no need for a data plan, then you would need to select a non-smartphone or a different carrier without a data plan requirement for smartphones. 

No, as is clearly stated on the contract and all over AT&T's website, all smartphones require data plans.

If you have no need for a data plan, then you would need to select a non-smartphone or a different carrier without a data plan requirement for smartphones. 

Re: iPhone 4 data

2 of 7 (433 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 5:48:26 AM
(0)
Professor
If you only got an iPhone a week ago, now is the time to return it and get a phone that doesn't require a data plan.
If you only got an iPhone a week ago, now is the time to return it and get a phone that doesn't require a data plan.

3 of 7 (416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 6:58:58 AM
(0)
Professor

30 day return/exchange policy  take it back tell AT&T you do not want a smartphone.

30 day return/exchange policy  take it back tell AT&T you do not want a smartphone.

hello!!!

4 of 7 (406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 7:59:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Your data plan cannot be removed. Data plans are required for all post paid smartphones. I think taking your iPhone back and getting a feature phone where a data plan is not required sounds like a good idea.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Your data plan cannot be removed. Data plans are required for all post paid smartphones. I think taking your iPhone back and getting a feature phone where a data plan is not required sounds like a good idea.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 7 (400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 9:13:29 AM
(0)
Tutor
Could I transfer my iPhone to a line already with data

6 of 7 (389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2011 9:45:35 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by dwill05 on Nov 26, 2011 at 10:04:47 AM

Dg97 wrote:

Yes, if you replace that phone with the iPhone and you get the iPhone data plan.  It appears from your postings that you want an iPhone, but don't want the iPhone data plan.  Sadly, that's not an option.  If you use an iPhone on AT&T's network, then AT&T requires you to have an iPhone data plan.  Not some other data plan that is cheaper or isn't for smartphones or is still unlimited data, but an iPhone data plan.  Also, you can't share a data plan with another phone.  Each iPhone has to have it's own individual iPhone data plan.  Asking the question in multiple threads and in different ways isn't going to give you a different answer.

Dg97 wrote:

Yes, if you replace that phone with the iPhone and you get the iPhone data plan.  It appears from your postings that you want an iPhone, but don't want the iPhone data plan.  Sadly, that's not an option.  If you use an iPhone on AT&T's network, then AT&T requires you to have an iPhone data plan.  Not some other data plan that is cheaper or isn't for smartphones or is still unlimited data, but an iPhone data plan.  Also, you can't share a data plan with another phone.  Each iPhone has to have it's own individual iPhone data plan.  Asking the question in multiple threads and in different ways isn't going to give you a different answer.

[ Edited ]
7 of 7 (383 Views)