Helpful Links

iPhone 4 data

Tutor

iPhone 4 data

I bought an iPhone last week an I decide I did not want any data only my iPhone is there any way to take the data off ? I don't mind paying a small fee
Message 1 of 7
Scholar

Re: iPhone 4 data

No, as is clearly stated on the contract and all over AT&T's website, all smartphones require data plans.

If you have no need for a data plan, then you would need to select a non-smartphone or a different carrier without a data plan requirement for smartphones. 

Message 2 of 7
Professor

If you only got an iPhone a week ago, now is the time to return it and get a phone that doesn't require a data plan.
Message 3 of 7
Professor

30 day return/exchange policy  take it back tell AT&T you do not want a smartphone.

Message 4 of 7
Master

Your data plan cannot be removed. Data plans are required for all post paid smartphones. I think taking your iPhone back and getting a feature phone where a data plan is not required sounds like a good idea.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 7
Tutor

Could I transfer my iPhone to a line already with data
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Professor

Dg97 wrote:
Could I transfer my iPhone to a line already with data

Yes, if you replace that phone with the iPhone and you get the iPhone data plan.  It appears from your postings that you want an iPhone, but don't want the iPhone data plan.  Sadly, that's not an option.  If you use an iPhone on AT&T's network, then AT&T requires you to have an iPhone data plan.  Not some other data plan that is cheaper or isn't for smartphones or is still unlimited data, but an iPhone data plan.  Also, you can't share a data plan with another phone.  Each iPhone has to have it's own individual iPhone data plan.  Asking the question in multiple threads and in different ways isn't going to give you a different answer.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support