Helpful Links

iPhone 4 considering switching to ATT prepaid .. whats up with these data plans???

Contributor

iPhone 4 considering switching to ATT prepaid .. whats up with these data plans???

I have an ATT iPhone 4 but have it hooked up with H2O (virgin mobile prepaid) and i pay 60 a month for unlimited everything other then data, they recently just switched from 2gb to 1 gb, which was upsetting. Im considering my options to get the most for the best value for my iphone 4 but these data palns look kinda of rediculos ... what are my options here with switching to ATT as far as getting more for less? or am i just better off staying with my current service and just dealing with the 1gb of data for 60 a month? if anyone has any advice or suggestions .. i would realllyyyyy appreciate it.. thanks!
Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: iPhone 4 considering switching to ATT prepaid .. whats up with these data plans???

AT&T doesn't support the iPhone as prepaid. Their postpaid plans are going to cost more than $60/ month for what you want. The minimum voice plan is $40 per month. The cheapest data plan is $15 for 200 MB, and unlimited text is $20, so you are looking at a total of $75/ month and you only get 200 MB of data. It would cost $10 more for 2GB of data.
Message 2 of 3
Master

Re: iPhone 4 considering switching to ATT prepaid .. whats up with these data plans???

pamleet wrote:
I have an ATT iPhone 4 but have it hooked up with H2O (virgin mobile prepaid) and i pay 60 a month for unlimited everything other then data, they recently just switched from 2gb to 1 gb, which was upsetting. Im considering my options to get the most for the best value for my iphone 4 but these data palns look kinda of rediculos ... what are my options here with switching to ATT as far as getting more for less? or am i just better off staying with my current service and just dealing with the 1gb of data for 60 a month? if anyone has any advice or suggestions .. i would realllyyyyy appreciate it.. thanks!
You could use your iPhone 4 on a prepaid GoPhone account, but you're going to be disappointed to hear the prepaid data packages... Available packages include $5 for 10MB, $15 for 100MB (I think) and $25 for a mere 500MB of data.

To match your current H2O plan (although I'm not sure how you are able to use your iPhone on that network...) you would choose the $50 Unlimited Talk, Text, and Web plan. You would NOT be able to take advantage of unlimited data usage with your iPhone, though, considering that it is a smartphone. Instead, you would have to choose between one of the separate data packages that I listed above.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support