iPhone 4 considering switching to ATT prepaid .. whats up with these data plans???

Contributor

iPhone 4 considering switching to ATT prepaid .. whats up with these data plans???

I have an ATT iPhone 4 but have it hooked up with H2O (virgin mobile prepaid) and i pay 60 a month for unlimited everything other then data, they recently just switched from 2gb to 1 gb, which was upsetting. Im considering my options to get the most for the best value for my iphone 4 but these data palns look kinda of rediculos ... what are my options here with switching to ATT as far as getting more for less? or am i just better off staying with my current service and just dealing with the 1gb of data for 60 a month? if anyone has any advice or suggestions .. i would realllyyyyy appreciate it.. thanks!
Message 1 of 3 (3,841 Views)
Professor

Re: iPhone 4 considering switching to ATT prepaid .. whats up with these data plans???

AT&T doesn't support the iPhone as prepaid. Their postpaid plans are going to cost more than $60/ month for what you want. The minimum voice plan is $40 per month. The cheapest data plan is $15 for 200 MB, and unlimited text is $20, so you are looking at a total of $75/ month and you only get 200 MB of data. It would cost $10 more for 2GB of data.
Message 2 of 3 (3,830 Views)
Master

Re: iPhone 4 considering switching to ATT prepaid .. whats up with these data plans???

pamleet wrote:
I have an ATT iPhone 4 but have it hooked up with H2O (virgin mobile prepaid) and i pay 60 a month for unlimited everything other then data, they recently just switched from 2gb to 1 gb, which was upsetting. Im considering my options to get the most for the best value for my iphone 4 but these data palns look kinda of rediculos ... what are my options here with switching to ATT as far as getting more for less? or am i just better off staying with my current service and just dealing with the 1gb of data for 60 a month? if anyone has any advice or suggestions .. i would realllyyyyy appreciate it.. thanks!
You could use your iPhone 4 on a prepaid GoPhone account, but you're going to be disappointed to hear the prepaid data packages... Available packages include $5 for 10MB, $15 for 100MB (I think) and $25 for a mere 500MB of data.

To match your current H2O plan (although I'm not sure how you are able to use your iPhone on that network...) you would choose the $50 Unlimited Talk, Text, and Web plan. You would NOT be able to take advantage of unlimited data usage with your iPhone, though, considering that it is a smartphone. Instead, you would have to choose between one of the separate data packages that I listed above.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3 (3,717 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.