iPhone 4 activation fees?

Contributor

iPhone 4 activation fees?

I have a 2 year contract with AT and T, ending next year.

I already had an iPhone and my friend gave me his new iPhone to activate it for him. So I turned it on, it needed me to pop in my SIM card and so I did.

It apparently "activated the phone". Is this going to show up on my bill or anything? Does it even cost anything?

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: iPhone 4 activation fees?

trananthony wrote:

I have a 2 year contract with AT and T, ending next year.

I already had an iPhone and my friend gave me his new iPhone to activate it for him. So I turned it on, it needed me to pop in my SIM card and so I did.

It apparently "activated the phone". Is this going to show up on my bill or anything? Does it even cost anything?

you only have the activation fee associated with buying a discounted phone. In your case, you should not have any fees but you do need them to make sure your account has the right data plan so that features such as visual voice mail and such work properly.  When you are ready to swap phones, you may need a new SIM (You need a micro-sim)  and a call to ATT will get you up and running

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support