Ask a question

Posted Dec 3, 2011
4:19:24 PM
View profile
iPhone 4 Shocking Surprise
I found this article to be very interesting. A passenger who boarded an Australian Airline flight's iPhone 4 apparently self-combusted on board during the flight. Kind of reminds me of that one incident when that one guy's Verizon Droid X exploded while he was taking a call.

Read here: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/11/28/iphone-4-experiences-self-combustion-aboard-just-landed-aircraft/

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

iPhone 4 Shocking Surprise

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 5:52:29 PM
(0)
Employee
Well if it was happening with many units I would agree, but it's just one report.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: iPhone 4 Shocking Surprise

2 of 5 (329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 7:42:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Still, I find it amazing how the back of it could shatter like glass without being dropped and such. I sure wouldn't want my iPhone to look like that!

When the phone exploded, people probably thought there might have been a terrorist on the plane... Smiley Very Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (299 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 6:05:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Looks like a battery malfunction. Happens. Pretty rare, and usually due to a short that heats the battery up until it swells.

4 of 5 (260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 10:34:13 AM
(0)
Professor

the battery is a  lithium polymer battery and once they get hot  they spur out  huge amounts of smoke and get very hot.  I race RC cars we use lipo batteries ( lithium polymer batteries) they are stable but if they swell up or  charge up improperly they will do that.

hello!!!

5 of 5 (233 Views)