iPhone 4 Shocking Surprise

Master

iPhone 4 Shocking Surprise

I found this article to be very interesting. A passenger who boarded an Australian Airline flight's iPhone 4 apparently self-combusted on board during the flight. Kind of reminds me of that one incident when that one guy's Verizon Droid X exploded while he was taking a call.

Read here: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/11/28/iphone-4-experiences-self-combustion-aboard-just-landed-aircraft...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 5
Former Employee

Re: iPhone 4 Shocking Surprise

Well if it was happening with many units I would agree, but it's just one report.
Message 2 of 5
Master

Still, I find it amazing how the back of it could shatter like glass without being dropped and such. I sure wouldn't want my iPhone to look like that!

When the phone exploded, people probably thought there might have been a terrorist on the plane... Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Professor

Looks like a battery malfunction. Happens. Pretty rare, and usually due to a short that heats the battery up until it swells.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Professor

the battery is a  lithium polymer battery and once they get hot  they spur out  huge amounts of smoke and get very hot.  I race RC cars we use lipo batteries ( lithium polymer batteries) they are stable but if they swell up or  charge up improperly they will do that.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support