Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 5, 2010
5:58:23 PM
View profile
iPhone 4 Missed SMS and Call reminders

Hello,

Coming from Blackberry and Motorola cell phones and just picked up the iPhone 4. How can I make it so that missed (unread) SMS txt and Calls beep every X (configurable) number of minutes until I respond. I am away from my phone for several hours sometimes and when I am near it I don't want to have to check to see if anything happened.

Hello,

Coming from Blackberry and Motorola cell phones and just picked up the iPhone 4. How can I make it so that missed (unread) SMS txt and Calls beep every X (configurable) number of minutes until I respond. I am away from my phone for several hours sometimes and when I am near it I don't want to have to check to see if anything happened.

iPhone 4 Missed SMS and Call reminders

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2010 6:07:53 PM
(0)
Professor

pcunite wrote:

Hello,

Not possible.  No such option exists within the iOS settings.

pcunite wrote:

Hello,

Not possible.  No such option exists within the iOS settings.

Re: iPhone 4 Missed SMS and Call reminders

2 of 5 (1,803 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2010 6:10:38 PM
(0)
Teacher

That is pretty shocking...

3 of 5 (1,801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2010 11:29:36 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by MoparMan06 on Dec 5, 2010 at 11:30:18 PM

As far as text messages, there is an option in the settings to repeat a text message alert twice if you don't reply or dismiss the original alert.  But as far as missed calls, I'm not sure.

As far as text messages, there is an option in the settings to repeat a text message alert twice if you don't reply or dismiss the original alert.  But as far as missed calls, I'm not sure.

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (1,735 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 5:24:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

pcunite wrote:

And yet, you get used to it.

Put the Phone app and the SMS app in the dock. You'll see the red "new items" bubble on each right away.

pcunite wrote:

And yet, you get used to it.

Put the Phone app and the SMS app in the dock. You'll see the red "new items" bubble on each right away.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (1,711 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments