Helpful Links

iPhone 4 Missed SMS and Call reminders

Teacher

iPhone 4 Missed SMS and Call reminders

Hello,

Coming from Blackberry and Motorola cell phones and just picked up the iPhone 4. How can I make it so that missed (unread) SMS txt and Calls beep every X (configurable) number of minutes until I respond. I am away from my phone for several hours sometimes and when I am near it I don't want to have to check to see if anything happened.

Message 1 of 5
Professor

Re: iPhone 4 Missed SMS and Call reminders

pcunite wrote:

Hello,

Coming from Blackberry and Motorola cell phones and just picked up the iPhone 4. How can I make it so that missed (unread) SMS txt and Calls beep every X (configurable) number of minutes until I respond. I am away from my phone for several hours sometimes and when I am near it I don't want to have to check to see if anything happened.

Not possible.  No such option exists within the iOS settings.

Message 2 of 5
Teacher

That is pretty shocking...

Message 3 of 5

As far as text messages, there is an option in the settings to repeat a text message alert twice if you don't reply or dismiss the original alert.  But as far as missed calls, I'm not sure.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

pcunite wrote:

That is pretty shocking...

And yet, you get used to it.

Put the Phone app and the SMS app in the dock. You'll see the red "new items" bubble on each right away.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support