iPhone 4 + MicroCell = voice dropping in and out for other party

Tutor

iPhone 4 + MicroCell = voice dropping in and out for other party

I haven't been able to verify this with any other devices using my MicroCell. Everyone that I have had come over who has AT&T uses an iPhone. 

The issue that I have been having supersedes the "blessing" that I now have 5-bars of service in my apartment. Despite showing a strong connection, the other party I speak to regularly complains about poor audio quality -- not being able to hear my voice due to the fact that it drops in and out. I've tested this myself by calling a separate phone number and leaving voicemails for myself.

Has anyone who has experienced this found have a resolution? My Comcast connection is great and I've tried repositioning the MicroCell in multiple areas of the apartment.

Message 1 of 18 (3,526 Views)
Tutor

Re: iPhone 4 + MicroCell = voice dropping in and out for other party

I have the same issue with an iPhone 3GS and anybody who calls me. Pretty much have had this issue since I've had my Microcell. Just waiting out for my contract to finish really...

Message 16 of 18 (1,311 Views)

***UPDATE***

I actually returned my original 3G MicroCell prior to the (1) and got a brand new 3G MicrCell and I must say that this issue seems to have gone away for both my (2) iPhone 4's and my (1) Blackberry Bold (9700).  AT&T would fix so many issues if they corrected things from the ground up which would translate to so many satisfied customers.  Stuff like this makes me rethink AT&T as my cell phone provider.  Now that Verizon has the iPhone, they are looking better and better everytime AT&T just lets these issue go one forever and although I would missing talking on the phone and surfing the web or texting at the same time, at least, I can talk.  Lets get that right first AT&T.  FIX THE 3G MICROCELL ECO-SYSTEM...

Message 17 of 18 (1,183 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I had major voice quality issuses in priority mode. Switched it to have a network mode and now am having major issues with dropping of calls. Was dropped 4 times in a half hours time, turned my 3G off until I was finished talking. It's really frustrating because I've exhausted all options to fix these problems....seriously thinking about taking this piece of junk back and telling them no thank you and to spend the money to fix the actual tower in my area.
Message 18 of 18 (1,153 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.