iPhone 4 Antenna Reception Problem

iPhone 4 Antenna Reception Problem

Check out my iPhone 4 antenna reception problem video review.

Can I get a free bumper until Apple fixes this problem?

iPhone 4 Problem

Message 1 of 17
Scholar

Re: iPhone 4 Antenna Reception Problem

lol we've had three threads about this. I smell a class action lawsuit...

Message 2 of 17
Teacher

I think I am the only one that hasn't had the problem, also good video! 

Message 3 of 17
Scholar

Mine isn't that bad. It dings 2 bars off my otherwise 5 bar reception.

Message 4 of 17

Full bars when im holding the phone awkwardly.  Pretend to make a normal phone call, and bam zero bars.  Gotta love Apple.  I have just looked at my Iphone 4 box and cannot seem to find a rebate for a free bumper.......Thanks Steve.  You have managed to 1 up ATT in horrible call quality.  Atleast if i was standing right next to a tower i could usually complete a call, but with the new IP4 design i cant hold the phone the same way i  have been holding my Iphone3g for two years.

Message 5 of 17
Mentor

Message 6 of 17

Well apparently Apple has redefined how to hold a cell phone now.  Man the folks at Apple are just insanely awesome.

Thanks Steve Jobs.........im forwarding you my checking account number and pin number.  Just take what you need.

Message 7 of 17

You won't get a bumper for free

but i heard somewhere that the store was giving $10 dollars off for all bumper

but that was one store. not sure about the other stores.

Message 8 of 17
Mentor

There ar 25 pages of reception complaints over on the apple ihone 4 forum.  I smell class action if apple does not resolve.

Message 9 of 17
Teacher

I don't have any reception problems, i have a strong full bars signal no matter what. I tried anything to lower the signal and only managed to get it to drop two bars by squeezing the sides tightly; obviously something I wouldn't really do.
Message 10 of 17

iKristin04 wrote:
I don't have any reception problems, i have a strong full bars signal no matter what. I tried anything to lower the signal and only managed to get it to drop two bars by squeezing the sides tightly; obviously something I wouldn't really do.
I don't have any reception problems either. Mine is just fine. I guess we are some of the lucky few.
Message 11 of 17
Tutor

I have full bars when I am not holding my iphone. When i pick it up with either hand it drops to 1 bar and no signal. So if I am paying for a data service that I cannot use in hand, do I get a refund? Either way I hold the phone, left/right hand ( I am covering up the line antenna on the left side of the device) I lose signal and internet. Major design flaw, glad I had it only a few days, returning mine to the store to hopefully get a better one!!!

Message 12 of 17
Tutor

Just put your finger over the line on the left side of the iphone, wait 30sec. to 1 minute, then you will have no service! You dont have to squeeze at all.

Message 13 of 17

I have done that many many times & it doesn't happen. Like I said, I do not have the problem.
Message 14 of 17
Highlighted
Professor

This is a great post on the issue.

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 17
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support