iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Unlock for imei, Do you have that service???

Contributor

iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Unlock for imei, Do you have that service???

I consult with you, who are knowledgeable about the matter, if there is any possibility of providing this service.
Many Internet portals and services offer the option of Ebay by Imeirelease of the iPhone, which operate under AT & T. Is thispossible? There is some hope for those who bought the equipmentin USA and brought to other countries or may not permit suchrelease.
If possible ocn who we should contact or to whom we must turn tomake such a request.
Thank you for your prompt response.

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Professor

Re: iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Unlock for imei, Do you have that service???

No US/AT&T iPhone can or will ever be unlocked by AT&T or Apple, so it's not possible to do that offically.

 

We don't discuss the alternatives here, since they're not relevant to AT&T or Apple.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Professor

Re: iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Unlock for imei, Do you have that service???

This question is asked weekly... if not daily.

The answer is NO.

 

Neither AT&T or Apple will unlock US sold GSM iPhones.

Neither are legally required to unlock them.

 

There are unofficial ways to unlock the devices, but you have a better chance of seeing pigs grow wings and fly than AT&T or Apple unlocking US sold GSM iPhones.

Message 3 of 8
Guru

Re: iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Unlock for imei, Do you have that service???


johninsj wrote:

No US/AT&T iPhone can or will ever be unlocked by AT&T or Apple, so it's not possible to do that offically.

 

We don't discuss the alternatives here, since they're not relevant to AT&T or Apple.


I wouldn't go so far as to say that. The option to unlock may come in the future but as of right now neither one will unlock the device.

Message 4 of 8
Mentor

Re: iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Unlock for imei, Do you have that service???

It's not that apple and AT&T *can't* do it... There's no technical issue stopping them from unlocking US iPhones... It's just that they won't. It may be sanctioned some day in the future. With t-mobile no longer being a competitor, there's little reason for at&t to keep their stance on the lock issue. Heck, I could see them unlocking them just for the sake of PR
Message 5 of 8
Expert

Re: iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Unlock for imei, Do you have that service???


TerraPhantm wrote:
It's not that apple and AT&T *can't* do it... There's no technical issue stopping them from unlocking US iPhones... It's just that they won't. It may be sanctioned some day in the future. With t-mobile no longer being a competitor, there's little reason for at&t to keep their stance on the lock issue. Heck, I could see them unlocking them just for the sake of PR

t-mobile was never a comptetitor for att, nor are they a competitor for verizon, sprint is the only teir 3 carrier that t-mobile could be considered a competitor for - and maybe cricket. T-Mobile never had the iphone and theonly way they wil get it is if the sale to ATT goes through. Given the hold Apple has on it';s product, I doubt you will see a authorized factory unlock of the phone until it is mandated by federal law. Even then it will be a uphill battle, neither verizon nor att unlock the iphone

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Professor

Re: iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Unlock for imei, Do you have that service???

 


Neihn wrote:

johninsj wrote:

No US/AT&T iPhone can or will ever be unlocked by AT&T or Apple, so it's not possible to do that offically.

 

We don't discuss the alternatives here, since they're not relevant to AT&T or Apple.


I wouldn't go so far as to say that. The option to unlock may come in the future but as of right now neither one will unlock the device.


 

I would go so far as to say no currently sold iPhone, with the wording specifically saying it's locked to AT&T printed on the back of the box, will ever be unlocked by AT&T or Apple.

 

In the future, they may not have that restriction on a different model, priced accordingly, but the one we have all purchased we purchased with the terms as they were at purchase, which are....

 

locked to AT&T.

 

So, no current iPhone sold in the US for AT&T will EVER be unlocked by AT&T or Apple.

 

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8
Contributor

Re: iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Unlock for imei, Do you have that service???

This cannot be done. I'm sorry.

 

 

<post edited to remove links in violation of Community Guidelines> 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support