Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 30, 2009
9:54:58 PM
View profile
iPhone 3g won't send pictures.
when i send a picture message through MMS the sending bar goes about 4/5 of the way then it displays a red "!" next to the picture and says sending failure. i have good service where i am and i've been able to send pictures until now. how can i fix this?
when i send a picture message through MMS the sending bar goes about 4/5 of the way then it displays a red "!" next to the picture and says sending failure. i have good service where i am and i've been able to send pictures until now. how can i fix this?

iPhone 3g won't send pictures.

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2009 10:29:48 PM
(0)
Contributor
my iPhone 3GS also will not send pictures, i can recieve them fine, but not send them.  MMS server must be down right now because I was able to send them up until today.
my iPhone 3GS also will not send pictures, i can recieve them fine, but not send them.  MMS server must be down right now because I was able to send them up until today.

Re: iPhone 3g won't send pictures.

2 of 16 (74,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2009 11:47:28 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by 300k on Dec 31, 2009 at 11:48:25 AM
Make sure your iPhone running the latest firmware update (3.1.2). Then go to Settings => General => Reset => Reset Network Settings. 
Message Edited by 300k on 12-31-2009 01:48:25 PM
Make sure your iPhone running the latest firmware update (3.1.2). Then go to Settings => General => Reset => Reset Network Settings. 
Message Edited by 300k on 12-31-2009 01:48:25 PM

[ Edited ]
3 of 16 (74,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2010 11:42:56 PM
(0)
Tutor
my 3g dont even have the option in the new message thing to even add a picture in the messsage what should i do?
my 3g dont even have the option in the new message thing to even add a picture in the messsage what should i do?

4 of 16 (73,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2010 4:52:09 PM
(0)
Scholar
Are you running the latest firmware? Connect to iTunes and it will tell you if there is an update to download.  The update came out last September. 
Are you running the latest firmware? Connect to iTunes and it will tell you if there is an update to download.  The update came out last September. 

5 of 16 (73,135 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2010 8:27:51 PM
(0)
Tutor
it said my iphone needs an update so im in the process of updating it now ill let you if anything changes after the update
it said my iphone needs an update so im in the process of updating it now ill let you if anything changes after the update

6 of 16 (73,115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2010 9:44:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

i have that same exact problem right now and i went to the att store and they couldnt figure out the probelm what did you do?

i have that same exact problem right now and i went to the att store and they couldnt figure out the probelm what did you do?

7 of 16 (71,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2010 2:18:01 AM
(0)
Master

Mikeymau5 wrote:

Try updating the software as others have said, and see if it works for you then.

Mikeymau5 wrote:

Try updating the software as others have said, and see if it works for you then.

8 of 16 (71,386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2010 7:40:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm currently updated with firmware. Updated network settings. When trying to send from the photo album there are no errors.  I can see them in my mail outbox, they appear to go out and are moved to the sent folder but no one ever receives them. I send to my PC email accounts to test. No luck. Any ideas?

I'm currently updated with firmware. Updated network settings. When trying to send from the photo album there are no errors.  I can see them in my mail outbox, they appear to go out and are moved to the sent folder but no one ever receives them. I send to my PC email accounts to test. No luck. Any ideas?

9 of 16 (71,320 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2010 1:59:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm running into this problem as well.  I no longer get the photo icon next to my text area when sending messages, nor have the button to send pictures as MMS when in my photos or camera roll on my iPhone.

Hopefully the local apple store will be able to solve the problem after work today.  If so I'll post with the fix for others experiencing this issue.

I'm running into this problem as well.  I no longer get the photo icon next to my text area when sending messages, nor have the button to send pictures as MMS when in my photos or camera roll on my iPhone.

Hopefully the local apple store will be able to solve the problem after work today.  If so I'll post with the fix for others experiencing this issue.

10 of 16 (70,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2010 2:24:28 PM
(0)
Professor

computerlame wrote:

Do you actually have MMS turned on?

Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging.

computerlame wrote:

Do you actually have MMS turned on?

Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging.

11 of 16 (38,613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 8:58:52 PM
(0)
Contributor
My phone does the same as you stated below, have you found any solution?
My phone does the same as you stated below, have you found any solution?

12 of 16 (36,855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2010 1:58:50 AM
(0)
Employee
Settings, general, reset, reset network settings.
Settings, general, reset, reset network settings.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

13 of 16 (36,837 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2011 5:41:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

Good luck, just got a 3gs a month ago and have never been able to send pictures in texts.  I was in AT&T store for and hour and a half.  They tried switching sim cards, didnt work.  Tried swapping phones, wouldnt work.  Called apple support in store, they tried a few different things.  Wouldnt work.  Talked to apple support again when I got home was on phone for another hour and they tried everything they could.  Was getting helped by the highest level of support with apple and AT&T and no one has a clue.  And guess what, still cant send pics.  Ive just decided to give up so good luck getting any help that actually solves the problem. 

Good luck, just got a 3gs a month ago and have never been able to send pictures in texts.  I was in AT&T store for and hour and a half.  They tried switching sim cards, didnt work.  Tried swapping phones, wouldnt work.  Called apple support in store, they tried a few different things.  Wouldnt work.  Talked to apple support again when I got home was on phone for another hour and they tried everything they could.  Was getting helped by the highest level of support with apple and AT&T and no one has a clue.  And guess what, still cant send pics.  Ive just decided to give up so good luck getting any help that actually solves the problem. 

14 of 16 (36,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2011 6:57:50 AM
(0)
Mentor

I have a iphone 4 & had a 3GS before my iphone.  I would have to resend a mms 20-30 before it went through.  But we got 3G in our area in October.  Now all my mms go through 1st try.  So basically I guess if you live in a Edge area you're going to have problems sending mms.

I have a iphone 4 & had a 3GS before my iphone.  I would have to resend a mms 20-30 before it went through.  But we got 3G in our area in October.  Now all my mms go through 1st try.  So basically I guess if you live in a Edge area you're going to have problems sending mms.

15 of 16 (35,985 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 3:19:23 PM
(0)
Contributor
thank you! i've been trying to figure out why my photo icon on my txts all of a sudden dissappeared. I didn't turn off my messaging though..so this means my phone turned it off, and changed my network settings too. thank god for these posts because it was really bugging me!
thank you! i've been trying to figure out why my photo icon on my txts all of a sudden dissappeared. I didn't turn off my messaging though..so this means my phone turned it off, and changed my network settings too. thank god for these posts because it was really bugging me!

16 of 16 (32,554 Views)