Wireless Forums

Posted Aug 1, 2011
4:22:13 PM
iPhone 3Gs Cycling issues/DL iTunes no help
Edited by Dread Pirate Roberts on Aug 1, 2011 at 4:35:28 PM

I have an iPhone and it is cycling, on and off. It shows the apple and turns off, back to apple, back to off. I got it to go to the Itunes screen with a usb plug in picture. I pulgged it in. The soft ware said it was an unresposive phone and needed a down load. 18 min later it downloaded, and promptly went away. The phone is back to cycling. I found the article on

How to Enter iPhone Recovery Mode and Restore iPhone I did that and it instals it and when it runs the verify portion, it gets an error 9. The phone goes back to cycling. Any suggestions?

DPR

I have an iPhone and it is cycling, on and off. It shows the apple and turns off, back to apple, back to off. I got it to go to the Itunes screen with a usb plug in picture. I pulgged it in. The soft ware said it was an unresposive phone and needed a down load. 18 min later it downloaded, and promptly went away. The phone is back to cycling. I found the article on

How to Enter iPhone Recovery Mode and Restore iPhone I did that and it instals it and when it runs the verify portion, it gets an error 9. The phone goes back to cycling. Any suggestions?

DPR

iPhone 3Gs Cycling issues/DL iTunes no help

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2011 4:58:08 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by youngjm on Aug 1, 2011 at 4:59:09 PM

Go to your local Apple store and see the Genius bar. You have some hardware issue. Make an appointment to ensure you are seen when you can make it there.  Walk up appointments can be very hard to come by.  www.apple.com/retail

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Go to your local Apple store and see the Genius bar. You have some hardware issue. Make an appointment to ensure you are seen when you can make it there.  Walk up appointments can be very hard to come by.  www.apple.com/retail

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: iPhone 3Gs Cycling issues/DL iTunes no help

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 2, 2011 4:43:01 AM
(0)
Scholar

youngjm wrote:

Thanks! I made an appoiontment with the "geniuses" LOL

DPR

youngjm wrote:

Thanks! I made an appoiontment with the "geniuses" LOL

DPR

3 of 5 (232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 5, 2011 9:59:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

youngjm wrote:

The geniuses had to replace my phone-a hardware issue. Thanks for the tip!!!

youngjm wrote:

4 of 5 (178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2011 10:11:35 AM
(0)
Master

Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:

youngjm wrote:

Glad to hear you are back up an running!

Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:

youngjm wrote:

Glad to hear you are back up an running!

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

5 of 5 (175 Views)