Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 9, 2011
8:33:43 PM
View profile
iPhone 3GS refuses to recognize MicroCell. Or maybe the other way around...

iPhone 3GS (iOS 5) 
ATT MicroCell connected using Option C (between modem and router)

Power, Ethernet, GPS, 3G lights solid. 

For the last few weeks my iPhone 3GS is failing to pick up and use the MicroCell. The signal strength from ATT in my neighborhood fluctuates from lazy to non-existant. When I first installed the MicroCell, things were great. The iPhone would go between the towers and the cell just fine. At some point, and I'm not entirely sure when, the iPhone began to only intermittently use the MicroCell. 

At this point, with the iPhone sitting in the same room as the MicroCell, it isn't doing anything at all. I have reset the network settings on the iPhone. I have just completed a restore of the iPhone.  I have reset the MicroCell. The provisioning on the "manage settings" ATT page is as it has always been - complete. The lights are properly oriented. There are no network devices between the unit and the internet other than my cable modem. 

Any ideas?

iPhone 3GS (iOS 5) 
ATT MicroCell connected using Option C (between modem and router)

Power, Ethernet, GPS, 3G lights solid. 

For the last few weeks my iPhone 3GS is failing to pick up and use the MicroCell. The signal strength from ATT in my neighborhood fluctuates from lazy to non-existant. When I first installed the MicroCell, things were great. The iPhone would go between the towers and the cell just fine. At some point, and I'm not entirely sure when, the iPhone began to only intermittently use the MicroCell. 

At this point, with the iPhone sitting in the same room as the MicroCell, it isn't doing anything at all. I have reset the network settings on the iPhone. I have just completed a restore of the iPhone.  I have reset the MicroCell. The provisioning on the "manage settings" ATT page is as it has always been - complete. The lights are properly oriented. There are no network devices between the unit and the internet other than my cable modem. 

Any ideas?

iPhone 3GS refuses to recognize MicroCell. Or maybe the other way around...

0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments