iPhone 3GS/iPod Touch Trade Advice, Please

Master

iPhone 3GS/iPod Touch Trade Advice, Please

As some of you may have noticed, I currently own an Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation that I've been using to post on these Forums for quite a while, now. I have had the Touch since Christmas of 2010, and I've been condsidering getting an iPhone as of lately to go along with my Android phone. A 3GS sounded like it would fit me well, considering I would be paying full price for the phone to be mine.

I posted a local ad on Craigslist saying that I would be willing to trade my iPod Touch for an Apple iPhone 3GS/4, if anyone would be interested. I got an e-mail last night from a motivated buyer, and I wanted to come here to make sure I would be making the right decision. You all are some knowledgeable folks and I was wondering if that sounds like a good trade to you.

Really, extras I would be getting would be:
Phone capabilities
Network text messaging capabilities
Better battery life(?)
And more memory space (the person who is willing to trade did not include the GB version of the 3GS. I would guess that it would be a 16GB - double of what I have now.

Things I would be missing out on:
Retina Display
Front-facing camera
Mirror-like finish on the back

Would any one you go through with this trade? Certainly, getting a phone in exchange for a media device would sound like a good deal to just about anyone. I am wondering though, for those of you who have or have had the iPhone 3GS, did it work out well for you? Not too slow/laggy, I woudn't be missing out from what my iPod Touch currently offers?

Thank you very much. Input is appreciated!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 20 (884 Views)
Master

Re: iPhone 3GS/iPod Touch Trade Advice, Please

[ Edited ]

Wild Banchi wrote:
 For myself, once you go black, you never go back. Smiley Wink

Funny, people said this when I switched from my Blackberry Bold to the iPhone, but I haven't gone back yet. However, I am on my 3rd Black iPhone, lol. Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 20 (657 Views)
Master

spd2demun wrote:

Smiley Surprised

I'm just kidding, spd. I needed to put a joke in there. Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 20 (651 Views)
Master

Irish Rose wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Funny, people said this when I switched from my Blackberry Bold to the iPhone, but I haven't gone back yet. However, I am on my 3rd Black iPhone, lol. Smiley Very Happy

You serve as a perfect example, then, Irish Rose! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20 (649 Views)
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:

That made me laugh out loud.
Message 19 of 20 (646 Views)
Highlighted
Master

I was hoping I would get someone, Mrs. Thatsmyname.

"Oh nah-nah-that's my name..." Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 20 (641 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.