Helpful Links

iPhone 3GS dropped calls...ALL THE TIME

Contributor

iPhone 3GS dropped calls...ALL THE TIME

My girlfriend and I bought refurbished 8GB 3GS' a little over a week ago. We both LOVE our phones except for one little problem. 

We cannot hold a phone conversation to save our lives. Why? Because the call drops. 

It doesn't matter where we are, even when we have full bars, our calls will drop. This happens on just about every phone call we make. We will be talking and then all of the sudden, there's silence on each of our lines. The phone doesn't cut the call, and acts like it's still connected, but neither of us can hear each other. Our record phone time has been 3 minutes before the call drops.

I've heard that iPhones are notorious for dropped calls...but should our calls be dropping that constantly? Could one of our phones have defective hardware that causes this? 

I just want an opinion. It's gotten so bad that we're probably going to end up going back to Sprint. Honestly, I just hope someone can help troubleshoot this for me. I love my iPhone and don't want to give it up!

Message 1 of 5
Scholar

Re: iPhone 3GS dropped calls...ALL THE TIME

You have a couple choices:

#1: Return them and go with something else

#2: Go to the Genius Bar and see if there's something wrong with them, if so they'll replace them.

At least your just a week into the purchase, so you have the option of returning.  Good luck! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 5
Professor

Each of you can also try calling non-iphones to see if the problem is limited to one phone.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

dwill05 wrote:

Each of you can also try calling non-iphones to see if the problem is limited to one phone.

Agree, each of you should determine if you have the same dropped call issue when calling someone else. If one of you does and the other does not, that would indicate one of the phones is bad.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Master

sandblaster wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

Agree, each of you should determine if you have the same dropped call issue when calling someone else. If one of you does and the other does not, that would indicate one of the phones is bad.

I agree with this statement, too. If if IS the iPhone(s), I would take them back and ask for a replacement, or a different set of iPhones.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support