iPhone 3GS Problems, Questions regarding early upgrade fees.

Contributor

iPhone 3GS Problems, Questions regarding early upgrade fees.

First off, I apologize if this topic is in the wrong forum, I'm a lil' new here. Smiley Very Happy

Basically this is my situation: My iPhone is having some very annoying battery problems. 

My 3GS, at Lowest brightness and with 3G disabled (On Edge/2G), will only stay on for about 30min ~ 1 hour of continuous use.

My phone for some reason is automatically shutting off at 60-70% battery, and when turned back on, says that it only has 1% remaining and shuts back off until I charge it.

This has only recently started happening within the last month or so, where it would shut off at 30%, and has been progressively becoming worse.

My "full" upgrade eligibility is in 2 months according to (*639#) dialed on my phone. But with this kind of major problem I really would like to get this taken care of now and not have to endure that long. (God knows how bad it'll be by then...)

My question to you all is basically this: I want to upgrade from my iPhone 3GS to the Xperia Play 4G and was wondering if any of you might know any estimate as to how much an early upgrade would cost me extra if I were to do so. I've gone through about 15~16 months of my contract already, and if there's any other information you'd need to know to help me out, feel free to ask.

Thank you in advance! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 4 (518 Views)
Professor

Re: iPhone 3GS Problems, Questions regarding early upgrade fees.

Have you logged in to your OLAM and clicked Upgrade Now to see what it says?  I would imagine that the upgrade to an Xperia Play 4G would be at the no commitment (full) price now.  Your only partially discounted upgrade is probably on other iPhones.

Message 2 of 4 (508 Views)
Contributor

Unfortunately no, I have not been able to check as it is a family account and I am not the owner of the account.
Message 3 of 4 (492 Views)

You could dial *639# to find out when your upgrade date is. If you are eligible for an early upgrade, then you'll have to pay anywhere from $75 to $250 over the fully discounted upgrade pricing.

xoleras20099 wrote:

First off, I apologize if this topic is in the wrong forum, I'm a lil' new here. Smiley Very Happy

Basically this is my situation: My iPhone is having some very annoying battery problems. 

My 3GS, at Lowest brightness and with 3G disabled (On Edge/2G), will only stay on for about 30min ~ 1 hour of continuous use.

My phone for some reason is automatically shutting off at 60-70% battery, and when turned back on, says that it only has 1% remaining and shuts back off until I charge it.

This has only recently started happening within the last month or so, where it would shut off at 30%, and has been progressively becoming worse.

My "full" upgrade eligibility is in 2 months according to (*639#) dialed on my phone. But with this kind of major problem I really would like to get this taken care of now and not have to endure that long. (God knows how bad it'll be by then...)

My question to you all is basically this: I want to upgrade from my iPhone 3GS to the Xperia Play 4G and was wondering if any of you might know any estimate as to how much an early upgrade would cost me extra if I were to do so. I've gone through about 15~16 months of my contract already, and if there's any other information you'd need to know to help me out, feel free to ask.

Thank you in advance! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 4 (425 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.