Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 17, 2009
12:35:53 PM
View profile
iPhone 3G still backing up...
I download the new 3.0 update at around 1:11 and my phone's been backing up for more than an hour. Is that normal? I never usually sync with iTunes but I didn't think it would take this long.
I download the new 3.0 update at around 1:11 and my phone's been backing up for more than an hour. Is that normal? I never usually sync with iTunes but I didn't think it would take this long.

iPhone 3G still backing up...

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 12:37:35 PM
(0)
Professor
stop the back up restart itunes and/or your computer, and try again.  seems like your computer is bogging down.  shouldn't take longer than 5-6 minutes.
stop the back up restart itunes and/or your computer, and try again.  seems like your computer is bogging down.  shouldn't take longer than 5-6 minutes.

Re: iPhone 3G still backing up...

2 of 6 (1,352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 12:40:21 PM
(0)
Teacher

Doppler808 wrote:

How do I stop the backup? iTunes won't maximize. Do I just use ctrl+alt+delete to end the iTunes process and then restart my computer?

Doppler808 wrote:

How do I stop the backup? iTunes won't maximize. Do I just use ctrl+alt+delete to end the iTunes process and then restart my computer?

3 of 6 (1,339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 12:45:09 PM
(0)
Scholar

It usually takes that long if you rarely connect with iTunes.

I just updated my wife's phone and it was backing up for close to an hour. Just have patience.

I just updated my wife's phone and it was backing up for close to an hour. Just have patience.

4 of 6 (1,323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 12:51:44 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Caretaker on Jun 17, 2009 at 1:13:46 PM

iphonenoob wrote:

{ word filter evasion }  so by restarting it, I messed it all up?
Message Edited by Caretaker on 06-17-2009 01:13:46 PM

iphonenoob wrote:

{ word filter evasion }  so by restarting it, I messed it all up?
Message Edited by Caretaker on 06-17-2009 01:13:46 PM

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (1,304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2009 12:58:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

Just give it plenty of time if it seems to be taking really long the next time you try it.

Just remember it's always good to connect it with iTunes every once in a while to prevent really long backup times the next time we get an update.

Just give it plenty of time if it seems to be taking really long the next time you try it.

Just remember it's always good to connect it with iTunes every once in a while to prevent really long backup times the next time we get an update.

6 of 6 (1,287 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments