iPhone 3G still backing up...

Teacher

iPhone 3G still backing up...

I download the new 3.0 update at around 1:11 and my phone's been backing up for more than an hour. Is that normal? I never usually sync with iTunes but I didn't think it would take this long.
Message 1 of 6
Professor

Re: iPhone 3G still backing up...

stop the back up restart itunes and/or your computer, and try again.  seems like your computer is bogging down.  shouldn't take longer than 5-6 minutes.
Message 2 of 6
Teacher

Doppler808 wrote:
stop the back up restart itunes and/or your computer, and try again.  seems like your computer is bogging down.  shouldn't take longer than 5-6 minutes.

How do I stop the backup? iTunes won't maximize. Do I just use ctrl+alt+delete to end the iTunes process and then restart my computer?
Message 3 of 6
Scholar

It usually takes that long if you rarely connect with iTunes.

I just updated my wife's phone and it was backing up for close to an hour. Just have patience.

Message 4 of 6
Teacher

iphonenoob wrote:

It usually takes that long if you rarely connect with iTunes.

I just updated my wife's phone and it was backing up for close to an hour. Just have patience.

{ word filter evasion }  so by restarting it, I messed it all up?
Message Edited by Caretaker on 06-17-2009 01:13:46 PM
Message 5 of 6
Scholar

Just give it plenty of time if it seems to be taking really long the next time you try it.

Just remember it's always good to connect it with iTunes every once in a while to prevent really long backup times the next time we get an update.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support