View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 2:56:06 PM
(0)
Guru

It looks like they are moving the 2G users to the same data oplan everyone else has effective 8/27.

It looks like they are moving the 2G users to the same data oplan everyone else has effective 8/27.

Re: iPhone 2G Data Plan Set to Expire?

2 of 9 (2,187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 4:22:38 PM
(0)
Scholar

isn't that kind of stupid? Forced to pay for a service the phone doesn't even support? (3g)

isn't that kind of stupid? Forced to pay for a service the phone doesn't even support? (3g)

3 of 9 (2,148 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 5:06:14 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by satchev on Jul 7, 2010 at 5:08:49 PM

Tru_Warrior wrote:

AT&T does not charge ANY customer for 3G access, they charge for data acces, PERIOD.

If they are changing the OP's data plan, then I believe they are required to provide notification of the changes.

It would be unusual for AT&T to force customers off of a plan, considering there are still customer on old AT&T blue plans from the "originial" AT&T Wireless back in the 90's.

Maybe a call to CS is in order to find out what is up.

Tru_Warrior wrote:

AT&T does not charge ANY customer for 3G access, they charge for data acces, PERIOD.

If they are changing the OP's data plan, then I believe they are required to provide notification of the changes.

It would be unusual for AT&T to force customers off of a plan, considering there are still customer on old AT&T blue plans from the "originial" AT&T Wireless back in the 90's.

Maybe a call to CS is in order to find out what is up.

[ Edited ]
4 of 9 (2,125 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 5:32:51 PM
(0)
Professor

Doesn't say that either of our 2g plans will expire on my account.

Doesn't say that either of our 2g plans will expire on my account.

5 of 9 (2,103 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2010 12:23:51 AM
(0)
Scholar

Are you sure that you did not upgrade? This message would normally indicate a rate change effective date based on a recent change on your account? 

Did you try the old original iPhone "loop hole" to get unlimited data?

Dave

Are you sure that you did not upgrade? This message would normally indicate a rate change effective date based on a recent change on your account? 

Dave

6 of 9 (2,016 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2010 8:59:40 AM
(0)
Guru

dave006 wrote:

Dave

Shhhhh!!!!  Don't let the cat out of the bag... Smiley Wink

However, I think it may be too late--this (expiring 2G data plans) may be AT&T's way of closing that loophole...

dave006 wrote:

Dave

Shhhhh!!!!  Don't let the cat out of the bag... Smiley Wink

However, I think it may be too late--this (expiring 2G data plans) may be AT&T's way of closing that loophole...

7 of 9 (1,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2010 9:29:30 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by josephz2va on Jul 8, 2010 at 9:30:25 AM

You may want to contact customer service or visit an AT&T store to find out more information on your account including the "expires" statement. It could be something related to your account unless 2G users are going to reply that they all see this message.

There hasn't been any news announcements in regards to this for multiple 2G accounts. The only known bit of information is Apple is leaving 2G users in the dark on the iOS4 update as it can't support any of the features.

You may want to contact customer service or visit an AT&T store to find out more information on your account including the "expires" statement. It could be something related to your account unless 2G users are going to reply that they all see this message.

There hasn't been any news announcements in regards to this for multiple 2G accounts. The only known bit of information is Apple is leaving 2G users in the dark on the iOS4 update as it can't support any of the features.

[ Edited ]
8 of 9 (1,913 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2010 12:52:38 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Do you still have a 2G Iphone? Looks to me like your $20 plan is going to terminate 8/27 because the $30 unlimited plan for a 3G Iphone is starting 8/27.

Do you still have a 2G Iphone? Looks to me like your $20 plan is going to terminate 8/27 because the $30 unlimited plan for a 3G Iphone is starting 8/27.

9 of 9 (1,849 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments