iPhone 2G Data Plan Set to Expire?

Scholar

iPhone 2G Data Plan Set to Expire?

Just saw this while checking what features I have on my account:

what the fudge?

Message 1 of 9
Guru

Re: iPhone 2G Data Plan Set to Expire?

It looks like they are moving the 2G users to the same data oplan everyone else has effective 8/27.

Message 2 of 9
Scholar

isn't that kind of stupid? Forced to pay for a service the phone doesn't even support? (3g)

Message 3 of 9
Professor

Tru_Warrior wrote:

isn't that kind of stupid? Forced to pay for a service the phone doesn't even support? (3g)

AT&T does not charge ANY customer for 3G access, they charge for data acces, PERIOD.

If they are changing the OP's data plan, then I believe they are required to provide notification of the changes.

It would be unusual for AT&T to force customers off of a plan, considering there are still customer on old AT&T blue plans from the "originial" AT&T Wireless back in the 90's.

Maybe a call to CS is in order to find out what is up.

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Professor

Doesn't say that either of our 2g plans will expire on my account.

Message 5 of 9
Scholar

Are you sure that you did not upgrade? This message would normally indicate a rate change effective date based on a recent change on your account? 

Did you try the old original iPhone "loop hole" to get unlimited data?

Dave

Message 6 of 9
Guru

dave006 wrote:

Did you try the old original iPhone "loop hole" to get unlimited data?

Dave

Shhhhh!!!!  Don't let the cat out of the bag... Smiley Wink

However, I think it may be too late--this (expiring 2G data plans) may be AT&T's way of closing that loophole...

Message 7 of 9
Professor

You may want to contact customer service or visit an AT&T store to find out more information on your account including the "expires" statement. It could be something related to your account unless 2G users are going to reply that they all see this message.

There hasn't been any news announcements in regards to this for multiple 2G accounts. The only known bit of information is Apple is leaving 2G users in the dark on the iOS4 update as it can't support any of the features.

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Master

Do you still have a 2G Iphone? Looks to me like your $20 plan is going to terminate 8/27 because the $30 unlimited plan for a 3G Iphone is starting 8/27.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support