iPhone, 10 cent plan, 60 a month

Contributor

iPhone, 10 cent plan, 60 a month

Will the 10 cents a minute plan work with an iphone? I want to switch to the $60 a month feature so I know I need to dump the $2 dollar plan however when I look at the buy a feature page I am not seeing the $60 a month as an option. 

Will this show up after I switch to the 10 cent plan? 

Message 1 of 7 (1,644 Views)

Re: iPhone, 10 cent plan, 60 a month

Goldenacres wrote:
  1. Will the 10 cents a minute plan work with an iphone?
  2. I want to switch to the $60 a month feature so I know I need to dump the $2 dollar plan however when I look at the buy a feature page I am not seeing the $60 a month as an option. 

Will this show up after I switch to the 10 cent plan? 

Hello GoldenAcres,

1. Yes, the 10cents-minute plan will work for you.  I use it with my iPhone 3G.
  2. The $60-month unlimited has been changed to the $50-month talk/text/data unlimited.  But note that unlimited data does not apply to smartphones, and you may need a companion data feature package for your smartphone (the iPhone) if you want cellular data.  It is not mandatory, and some folks in here rely only on WiFi and do not enroll on any of the three data feature packages

To change from the $2-day plan to the $50-month plan you will need to call Customer Care.  One poster was charged a one-time fee of $10, but if this is only the first time you are changing plans, you may get this as a freebie.

As an example, on my iPhone I rely on the 10cent-minute plan and the data feature packages, typically a combo of $15/100MB or $5/10MB every 30-days to preserve the rollover balance.  I use GoogleVoice for texting which is free of per-message charges.  But that may not apply to your use case.

Message 2 of 7 (1,636 Views)
Master

AFAIK, you can change rate plans as many times as you like using the IVR system (choose "More Options" at the first menu system prompt, then "Rate Plans").  It's only if you access a live customer service rep to make the rate plan change for you that you are charged $10/change after the first one - or at least that used to be the policy.  (And as an aside, IIRC the new $25 rate plan IVR "plan details" message indicates that if you change away from that plan you may not come back to it.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 7 (1,612 Views)
Guru

hme83 wrote:

AFAIK, you can change rate plans as many times as you like using the IVR system (choose "More Options" at the first menu system prompt, then "Rate Plans").  It's only if you access a live customer service rep to make the rate plan change for you that you are charged $10/change after the first one - or at least that used to be the policy.  (And as an aside, IIRC the new $25 rate plan IVR "plan details" message indicates that if you change away from that plan you may not come back to it.)

Just to follow up on what Hme83 said, I have changed plans 3 times using the IVR and was never charged and all three times all went smoothly.

Message 4 of 7 (1,603 Views)
Scholar

OnlytheShadowKnows wrote:

As an example, on my iPhone I rely on the 10cent-minute plan and the data feature packages, typically a combo of $15/100MB or $5/10MB every 30-days to preserve the rollover balance.  I use GoogleVoice for texting which is free of per-message charges.  But that may not apply to your use case.

Have you considered doing a $25/500MB recharge instead of the $15/100MB? Assuming you use around 25MB per month, you could go longer between the big refills.

If you use 25MB per month, that's $25 for the first month (500MB) and just $5/mo for the rest of the year and you would still have 310MB and $20 credit left by the end of the year (assuming a minimum of $100/yr). If you just do $15/100MB recharge, the same amount of data will cost you more. With the amount of data you have, it might even be feasible to use Google Voice for calls (via GrooveIP or similar app).

Message 5 of 7 (1,571 Views)

Yes, hnzw_rui.  The one shot $25/500MB followed by longer incremental mini-shots of $5/10MB makes a lot of sense as an alternative:  much more cellular-data credits for the same expense.

I will look into it at the end of this month, when my refill refresh is due.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 7 (1,564 Views)
Highlighted
Master

It's what I do for both messaging and data as well. Smiley Happy  "Buy up-use down" to reduce the average cost.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 7 of 7 (1,555 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.