Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 15, 2011
10:25:14 AM
View profile
iPad international data

Hello,

Heading to Europe tonight.  I've already purchased an international data plan for my iPad.  My question is, do I need to have data roaming "on" or "off" to utilize the international data plan while traveling?

Thanks,

Hello,

Heading to Europe tonight.  I've already purchased an international data plan for my iPad.  My question is, do I need to have data roaming "on" or "off" to utilize the international data plan while traveling?

Thanks,

iPad international data

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2011 8:15:27 AM
(0)
Former Employee

on

on

Re: iPad international data

2 of 4 (2,090 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2011 6:47:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just arrived in Germany and I cannot get my iPad 2 online even though I bought an international data plan. I have roaming on but whatever German provider I log on to, it always tells me that I am not online. I cannot open a website or receive emails. What else do I have to do? I am outside of U.S. first time with iPad, so I really don't know. Thank you.

I just arrived in Germany and I cannot get my iPad 2 online even though I bought an international data plan. I have roaming on but whatever German provider I log on to, it always tells me that I am not online. I cannot open a website or receive emails. What else do I have to do? I am outside of U.S. first time with iPad, so I really don't know. Thank you.

3 of 4 (1,924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2011 6:58:34 PM
(0)
Mentor

Spectrafesh wrote:

Here is a link to a ipad forum of somebody in Germany.  I would suggest you do just what he/she did, buy a sim from a local place and forget roaming.  It is far far cheaper to just buy a sim for whatever country you are in, then just add time to it.  

Here is the link:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/41887-adding-time-prepaid-german-sim-card.html

Spectrafesh wrote:

Here is a link to a ipad forum of somebody in Germany.  I would suggest you do just what he/she did, buy a sim from a local place and forget roaming.  It is far far cheaper to just buy a sim for whatever country you are in, then just add time to it.  

Here is the link:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/41887-adding-time-prepaid-german-sim-card.html

4 of 4 (1,915 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments