iPad international data

Contributor

iPad international data

Hello,

Heading to Europe tonight.  I've already purchased an international data plan for my iPad.  My question is, do I need to have data roaming "on" or "off" to utilize the international data plan while traveling?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 4 (2,117 Views)
Former Employee

Re: iPad international data

on

Message 2 of 4 (2,099 Views)
Contributor

I just arrived in Germany and I cannot get my iPad 2 online even though I bought an international data plan. I have roaming on but whatever German provider I log on to, it always tells me that I am not online. I cannot open a website or receive emails. What else do I have to do? I am outside of U.S. first time with iPad, so I really don't know. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (1,933 Views)
Highlighted
bww
Mentor

Spectrafesh wrote:

I just arrived in Germany and I cannot get my iPad 2 online even though I bought an international data plan. I have roaming on but whatever German provider I log on to, it always tells me that I am not online. I cannot open a website or receive emails. What else do I have to do? I am outside of U.S. first time with iPad, so I really don't know. Thank you.

Here is a link to a ipad forum of somebody in Germany.  I would suggest you do just what he/she did, buy a sim from a local place and forget roaming.  It is far far cheaper to just buy a sim for whatever country you are in, then just add time to it.  

Here is the link:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/41887-adding-time-prepaid-german-sim-card.html

Message 4 of 4 (1,924 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.