Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 22, 2012
7:07:47 PM
View profile
iPad Pre-Paid for Travelling Canadian?

Hello,

I am from Canada and will be vactioning in California this summer. I have a 3G iPad that was purchased directly from Apple. I would like to purchase the The AT&T pre-paid iPad plan while down there, is this possible?

From what I have seen on various Internet forums, a U.S. address is required to sign up for the pre-paid plans. Is this correct?

Thanks

Hello,

I am from Canada and will be vactioning in California this summer. I have a 3G iPad that was purchased directly from Apple. I would like to purchase the The AT&T pre-paid iPad plan while down there, is this possible?

From what I have seen on various Internet forums, a U.S. address is required to sign up for the pre-paid plans. Is this correct?

Thanks

iPad Pre-Paid for Travelling Canadian?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2012 5:34:09 AM
(0)
Guru

if anything provide the address of where you will be vacationing. 

if anything provide the address of where you will be vacationing. 

Re: iPad Pre-Paid for Travelling Canadian?

2 of 3 (541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2012 5:05:11 PM
(0)
Guru
I hate to reopen a closed thread, but are you sure. An internet buddy who is a Canadian who grew up on the border and is fairly tech savy told me that he couldn't make the registration work because they wanted a US credit card and he couldn't get that to take. He used a US address, but it refused his credit card and then tried to activate it with cash at an ATT store and failed. He wound up having to buy a prepaid credit card at CVS to bluff through the activation process and that seemed over the top.
I hate to reopen a closed thread, but are you sure. An internet buddy who is a Canadian who grew up on the border and is fairly tech savy told me that he couldn't make the registration work because they wanted a US credit card and he couldn't get that to take. He used a US address, but it refused his credit card and then tried to activate it with cash at an ATT store and failed. He wound up having to buy a prepaid credit card at CVS to bluff through the activation process and that seemed over the top.

Re: iPad Pre-Paid for Travelling Canadian?

3 of 3 (298 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments