iPad Pre-Paid for Travelling Canadian?

Contributor

iPad Pre-Paid for Travelling Canadian?

Hello,

I am from Canada and will be vactioning in California this summer. I have a 3G iPad that was purchased directly from Apple. I would like to purchase the The AT&T pre-paid iPad plan while down there, is this possible?

From what I have seen on various Internet forums, a U.S. address is required to sign up for the pre-paid plans. Is this correct?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Guru

Re: iPad Pre-Paid for Travelling Canadian?

if anything provide the address of where you will be vacationing. 

Message 2 of 3
Guru

Re: iPad Pre-Paid for Travelling Canadian?

I hate to reopen a closed thread, but are you sure. An internet buddy who is a Canadian who grew up on the border and is fairly tech savy told me that he couldn't make the registration work because they wanted a US credit card and he couldn't get that to take. He used a US address, but it refused his credit card and then tried to activate it with cash at an ATT store and failed. He wound up having to buy a prepaid credit card at CVS to bluff through the activation process and that seemed over the top.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support