iPad 4G - Hotspot Feature Coming?

Scholar

iPad 4G - Hotspot Feature Coming?

I received the new 4G iPad today. I changed my laptop connect USB device to the iPad in my account and it's set up for 4G LTE now thanks to Premier support.

Will the iPad eventually be able to serve as a hotspot? It looks like it *might* based on the features listed on the 4G data plan. I know VZW already has the feature on, and I am curious if AT&T will get this going soon as well.

My plan shows this under included features, the "Mob Tethering" is what is peaking my interest in this. Does this mean when they decide to turn the hotspot feature on, it will be included?

BROADBAND ACCESS , BALANCE MANAGER , Data Access , Mob Tethering , HSS PROVISIONING , NOTIFY POLICY H , SPEED TIER HIGH

Chris

Message 1 of 4 (3,344 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: iPad 4G - Hotspot Feature Coming?

I'm very interested in this as well.

AT&T, I hope you're listening and paying attention to the fact that Verizon is including this capability with no additional fees.  I would gladly buy the 4G data on a monthly basis as the tethering feature would make it so much more useful.  Without tethering, I would only pay for a month's worth of data in the most desperate situations.

Message 2 of 4 (2,618 Views)
Tutor

I agree. I'm disappointed that the iPad was marketed with the wifi hotspot, yet when it led you through the choices of Verizon vs. AT&T, it didn't mention that hotspot was not yet available. This was very misleading as far as I'm concerned, as I probably would have put off the purchase or gone with Verizon who does allow hotspot at no addl charge. I asked an AT&T support rep the other day, and she said she believed this would be available soon, but AT&T needs to more clearly communicate their plans here.
Message 3 of 4 (2,282 Views)
Guru

I am a mostly loyal ATT customer but went with Verizon because of this for my iPad.
Message 4 of 4 (2,225 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.