iOS 5.1.1 Released

ACE - Professor

iOS 5.1.1 Released

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 9
Scholar

Re: iOS 5.1.1 Released

cousintim wrote:

Details:  http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404071,00.asp

Just downloaded it.  So far so good. Doesn't look like it fixes much.  I wish software publishers would use minor releases to optomize their code.  This is almost as important as bug fixes.

Message 2 of 9
Scholar

Thanks for the head up will download later
As phone needs wifi connection in order to
Download it :/ lol
Message 3 of 9
Professor

I'll finally get rid of that irritating "Unable to purchase" message? That alone makes it worthwhile.

Message 4 of 9
Master

Would this be worthwhile to update an iPhone 3GS currently running 4.1? I only have one problem with this software; sometimes my phone turns itself off around 10% or less battery remaining. I don't want anything else going wrong if I did update it...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 9
Master

Yes, some apps are requiring 5.0 or better. I also cannot remember if you have the notifications?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 6 of 9
Scholar

not that it matters now. do you what caused that issue...............
Message 7 of 9
Scholar

Wild banchi,

My phone turns itself off pretty quickly after I get the 10% message. I believe it's jut the OS shutting the phone down before the battery completely dies and is normal.
Message 8 of 9
Master

Thanks for the reassurance.

Perhaps I will update my 3GS to iOS 5.1.1 before I sell it and ditch my Captivate for an iPhone 4 only.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support