iOS 5.1.1 Released

ACE - Professor

iOS 5.1.1 Released

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 9 (928 Views)
Scholar

Re: iOS 5.1.1 Released

cousintim wrote:

Details:  http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404071,00.asp

Just downloaded it.  So far so good. Doesn't look like it fixes much.  I wish software publishers would use minor releases to optomize their code.  This is almost as important as bug fixes.

Message 2 of 9 (925 Views)
Scholar

Thanks for the head up will download later
As phone needs wifi connection in order to
Download it :/ lol
Message 3 of 9 (845 Views)
Professor

I'll finally get rid of that irritating "Unable to purchase" message? That alone makes it worthwhile.

Message 4 of 9 (826 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Would this be worthwhile to update an iPhone 3GS currently running 4.1? I only have one problem with this software; sometimes my phone turns itself off around 10% or less battery remaining. I don't want anything else going wrong if I did update it...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 9 (633 Views)
Master

Yes, some apps are requiring 5.0 or better. I also cannot remember if you have the notifications?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 6 of 9 (618 Views)
Scholar

not that it matters now. do you what caused that issue...............
Message 7 of 9 (611 Views)
Scholar

Wild banchi,

My phone turns itself off pretty quickly after I get the 10% message. I believe it's jut the OS shutting the phone down before the battery completely dies and is normal.
Message 8 of 9 (581 Views)
Master

Thanks for the reassurance.

Perhaps I will update my 3GS to iOS 5.1.1 before I sell it and ditch my Captivate for an iPhone 4 only.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 9 of 9 (550 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.