iMessahe iPad and IPhone confirmation

Contributor

iMessahe iPad and IPhone confirmation

I tried to put my ATT text message address into iMessage on my iPad. It sends a verification to my iPhone but the message is too long an broken up to respond.

I went to the apple store - ATT problem.

I went to ATT - Apple problem.

Neither knew what to do.

any help would be appreciated.

FRM:Apple

SUBJSmiley Tonguelease verify the contact email address

MSGSmiley Very Happyear 

You've entered xxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net as the contact

(Con't) 2 of 10

email address for your Apple ID. To complete the process, we just need to verify that this email address belongs to you. Simply

click

(Con't) 3 of 10

the link below and sign in using your Apple ID and password.

Verify now >

https://id.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/IDMSAccount.woa/wa

(Con't) 4 of 10

/vetemail?language=USEN&

key=ZjBlY2FkNDkxZDcxNmRlOTE4YjU1ZTAwMTAwYTM4NzViNTQ0ZjdiNTJjMjBjZDU2YTlhZDNiMDE0 YzYyMjVlOGYzNGViYzMzY

2NjNmUxZTQ

(Con't) 5 of 10

yYjhjYWI3MDFkNTRlZDAxODdmOGFiNGEzNjVjYzczNDMxYzE3MDcwNGFiNmI5MzQyYzM0MjQwOTM2MDc 3NTY3ZGFiYjg5MzFkNTY1

YWU5OWU4MWQxMzZjOTMxYjI2ODgyN2ZmYzI0N

More?

Message 1 of 3 (747 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: iMessahe iPad and IPhone confirmation

Have you consdered putting a real email address in rather than one which gets converted to text messages in 140 character segments?  It seems to me that would be a simple solution, especially since you have an iPhone and an iPad which can both handle email...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (740 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: iMessahe iPad and IPhone confirmation

iMessages are resolved by an appleID, an iCloud account or a Carrier phone number.

If you have an AT&T call number that is active on the network, then obviously you want to use that to receive iMessages on your phone. Then you will want to set up the iPad to receive iMessages via your appleID which requires email verification from your iCloud email address. You can resolve this by verifying your apple ID with your iCloud email account on the

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

Tool.
Message 3 of 3 (550 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.