Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 15, 2011
2:43:57 PM
i4 email send slow

Am I doing something wrong as I notice it takes several minutes to send an email? My 3gs and 3g both send an email as soon as you select send but this i4 seems to sit on it for several minutes? Is there a setting that needs to be changed as I synced it to the saved settings of my 3gs which never had this problem?

Am I doing something wrong as I notice it takes several minutes to send an email? My 3gs and 3g both send an email as soon as you select send but this i4 seems to sit on it for several minutes? Is there a setting that needs to be changed as I synced it to the saved settings of my 3gs which never had this problem?

i4 email send slow

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2011 4:00:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

There are so many possible causes for email delays.  It could be network issues, it could be DNS issues, it could be SSL issues, it could even just be overloaded email servers (depending upon your ISP).  With so many varuiables it's hard to say why you are having problems now.  If you have not tried sending an email when you are using wifi, try that and see if it has the same delays.  If you nrmaly work on wifi, try disconnecting from your wifi and see if it still hangs using the cellular data network.  Double check your security settings and your email acocunt passwords...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

There are so many possible causes for email delays.  It could be network issues, it could be DNS issues, it could be SSL issues, it could even just be overloaded email servers (depending upon your ISP).  With so many varuiables it's hard to say why you are having problems now.  If you have not tried sending an email when you are using wifi, try that and see if it has the same delays.  If you nrmaly work on wifi, try disconnecting from your wifi and see if it still hangs using the cellular data network.  Double check your security settings and your email acocunt passwords...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: i4 email send slow

2 of 7 (1,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2011 4:49:53 PM
(0)
Master

Are you going over the same connection type as you were sending before (cellular data vs WiFi)?

When you moved to the iPhone 4 did you start as a new device or did you use a backup form your previous iPhone 3G/3GS?  If you used a backup of your old data/settings from a previous iPhone I would suggest restoring your phone and set it up as new and manually set up your phone from scratch.

Are you going over the same connection type as you were sending before (cellular data vs WiFi)?

When you moved to the iPhone 4 did you start as a new device or did you use a backup form your previous iPhone 3G/3GS?  If you used a backup of your old data/settings from a previous iPhone I would suggest restoring your phone and set it up as new and manually set up your phone from scratch.

3 of 7 (1,625 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2011 6:35:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

I used a backup from my 3gs. If I restore my phone as a new one will I loose my programs and data already in it backed up from the 3gs?

I used a backup from my 3gs. If I restore my phone as a new one will I loose my programs and data already in it backed up from the 3gs?

4 of 7 (1,610 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2011 6:36:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

It doesn't seem to matter which I use as I get the same results.

It doesn't seem to matter which I use as I get the same results.

5 of 7 (1,609 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2011 6:48:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

What if I do a "Settings Reset", is that the same as a new set up?

What if I do a "Settings Reset", is that the same as a new set up?

6 of 7 (1,602 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2011 7:19:30 PM
(0)
Master

You can try Reset all Settings but it's not the same as a new setup.

Yes if you set up as a new phone you will loose all your program data, saved games and settings.

Things like email, contacts, applications, photos etc should be fine as those should be saved to your computer and have you set up as new you can go in and check those to sync back.

If you've tried everything else then this is the last route.

You can try Reset all Settings but it's not the same as a new setup.

Yes if you set up as a new phone you will loose all your program data, saved games and settings.

Things like email, contacts, applications, photos etc should be fine as those should be saved to your computer and have you set up as new you can go in and check those to sync back.

If you've tried everything else then this is the last route.

7 of 7 (1,581 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments