Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 14, 2011
4:48:22 PM
View profile
i want to know how can i block a number

i want to block a number that keeps calling me and texting me i dont even know the guy and he keeps texting i want to block the number i dont even know how he got my number his texting me from a different state how do i block the number plz i need help

i want to block a number that keeps calling me and texting me i dont even know the guy and he keeps texting i want to block the number i dont even know how he got my number his texting me from a different state how do i block the number plz i need help

i want to know how can i block a number

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2011 5:13:59 PM
(0)
Professor

Most phones have a block caller application. Check your owners manual index under blocking calls and see if its there.

I have three different phones that either say ignore caller or block caller.

As far as text messages, most phones do not have ths ability to block them.

Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Most phones have a block caller application. Check your owners manual index under blocking calls and see if its there.

I have three different phones that either say ignore caller or block caller.

As far as text messages, most phones do not have ths ability to block them.

Good luck.

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Re: i want to know how can i block a number

2 of 8 (9,595 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2011 9:54:11 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Chris_ForumsMod on May 15, 2011 at 5:25:58 AM

Hey, I just found this application if you have a smartphone using Windows Mobile. If you do, check this out.

how to block unwanted calls and sms?
Blocking unwanted incoming calls on windows mobile phone
It happens very often that we get unwanted calls in our life but you can do nothing about it. It maybe someone you are familiar with or someone you never know, it maybe a relentless salesman, or an annoying ex, or a harassment call from freaks. It is disturbing, it is torturing, you are totally {word filter evasion} . it is helpless, right? Well, if you are a Windows Mobile user, there is one way out. 

Pocket Call Blocker is a very easy-to-use application especially designed for Windows Mobile Phones. you can use it to block unwanted incoming calls. You simply add blocking calls to the list. You can block calls by specific numbers, wildcard numbers, anonymous numbers, category numbers etc. Moreover, Pocket Call Blocker can also block text messages from a number of a group of numbers. 

Pocket Call Blocker can be downloaded for free here.

Below is a step by step tutorial on blocking a phone call on your Window mobile. 

Step 1: Turn on the Call Blocking Service
In the main window of Pocket Call Blocker, click the "OFF" button to switch the call blocking status to "ON".

Step 2: Add a new call blocking rules
Go to the "Rules" tab -> "Menu" -> "Add" -> "Call Rule" to create a incoming call blocking rule.

Step 3: Assign numbers to the filter
After input a rule name, you are negative to the "filter" tab, and then go to the "number" menu -> "Add" to assign some numbers to the filter. The software offers 4 types of numbers adding:
Phone Contacts: To add phone numbers from Phone Contacts;
Sim Card Contacts: To add phone numbers from Sim Card Contacts;
Call History: To add phone numbers from All Call History;
Number: Manually type the exact numbers to the filter;

Step 4: Choose what to do when a rule is filtered
After you add numbers to the filter successfully, negative to the "Action" tab, there are 3 kinds of action:

In the advanced tab, you could block ALL Incoming Calls, Unknown Numbers - Filter numbers that are not alike to any numbers from Outlook Contacts or SIM Contacts, and Anonymous - Filters calls without caller numbers without sender numbers. You could also use the wildcard characters '*' to block some kinds of numbers in the <Block Number> blank of Advanced tab.
For example, to block any phone number containing 9, enter *9*; 
To block any phone number begin as 9, enter 9*; 
To block any phone number end as 9, enter *9;
Warning: You could not add an exact number in the <Block Number> blank of advanced tab, to block exact number, please refer to the step 3.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Hey, I just found this application if you have a smartphone using Windows Mobile. If you do, check this out.

how to block unwanted calls and sms?
Blocking unwanted incoming calls on windows mobile phone
It happens very often that we get unwanted calls in our life but you can do nothing about it. It maybe someone you are familiar with or someone you never know, it maybe a relentless salesman, or an annoying ex, or a harassment call from freaks. It is disturbing, it is torturing, you are totally {word filter evasion} . it is helpless, right? Well, if you are a Windows Mobile user, there is one way out. 

Pocket Call Blocker is a very easy-to-use application especially designed for Windows Mobile Phones. you can use it to block unwanted incoming calls. You simply add blocking calls to the list. You can block calls by specific numbers, wildcard numbers, anonymous numbers, category numbers etc. Moreover, Pocket Call Blocker can also block text messages from a number of a group of numbers. 

Pocket Call Blocker can be downloaded for free here.

Below is a step by step tutorial on blocking a phone call on your Window mobile. 

Step 1: Turn on the Call Blocking Service
In the main window of Pocket Call Blocker, click the "OFF" button to switch the call blocking status to "ON".

Step 2: Add a new call blocking rules
Go to the "Rules" tab -> "Menu" -> "Add" -> "Call Rule" to create a incoming call blocking rule.

Step 3: Assign numbers to the filter
After input a rule name, you are negative to the "filter" tab, and then go to the "number" menu -> "Add" to assign some numbers to the filter. The software offers 4 types of numbers adding:
Phone Contacts: To add phone numbers from Phone Contacts;
Sim Card Contacts: To add phone numbers from Sim Card Contacts;
Call History: To add phone numbers from All Call History;
Number: Manually type the exact numbers to the filter;

Step 4: Choose what to do when a rule is filtered
After you add numbers to the filter successfully, negative to the "Action" tab, there are 3 kinds of action:

In the advanced tab, you could block ALL Incoming Calls, Unknown Numbers - Filter numbers that are not alike to any numbers from Outlook Contacts or SIM Contacts, and Anonymous - Filters calls without caller numbers without sender numbers. You could also use the wildcard characters '*' to block some kinds of numbers in the <Block Number> blank of Advanced tab.
For example, to block any phone number containing 9, enter *9*; 
To block any phone number begin as 9, enter 9*; 
To block any phone number end as 9, enter *9;
Warning: You could not add an exact number in the <Block Number> blank of advanced tab, to block exact number, please refer to the step 3.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

[ Edited ]
3 of 8 (9,562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2011 7:49:16 AM
(0)
Scholar

That was one feature I loved about Verizon.  You could block numbers from calling or texting from their website, super easy and a very valuable service.  Too bad ATT doesn't have this.

That was one feature I loved about Verizon.  You could block numbers from calling or texting from their website, super easy and a very valuable service.  Too bad ATT doesn't have this.

4 of 8 (9,480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2011 8:15:50 AM
(0)
Expert

belome wrote:

they do - it ijust not free

belome wrote:

they do - it ijust not free

5 of 8 (9,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2011 8:23:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

So, please explain.  I'm sure the original poster would find this information quite valuable.

So, please explain.  I'm sure the original poster would find this information quite valuable.

6 of 8 (9,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2011 10:41:33 AM
(0)
Expert

belome wrote:

http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-SmartLimitsForWireless

belome wrote:

http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-SmartLimitsForWireless

8 of 8 (9,453 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments