Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 10, 2012
11:21:50 AM
View profile
i need help with my go phone sim card for my samsung captivate
Whenever I take the go simcard from the Motorola gophone and put it into my unlocked samsung captivate it don't work. I need some help and steps to get it working please. Also I been using the go phone for about 5 1/2 months now.
Whenever I take the go simcard from the Motorola gophone and put it into my unlocked samsung captivate it don't work. I need some help and steps to get it working please. Also I been using the go phone for about 5 1/2 months now.

i need help with my go phone sim card for my samsung captivate

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 2:05:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Your SIM card is locked to the Motorola phone. You can either wait another half of a month for the SIM to automatically unlock itself or you can call customer service to have them unlock it for you. 1-800-331-0500 or 611 "more options", "customer service" from your GoPhone.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Your SIM card is locked to the Motorola phone. You can either wait another half of a month for the SIM to automatically unlock itself or you can call customer service to have them unlock it for you. 1-800-331-0500 or 611 "more options", "customer service" from your GoPhone.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: i need help with my go phone sim card for my samsung captivate

2 of 6 (1,954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2012 9:01:56 AM
(0)
Contributor
Does that mean once the sim card unlocks itself i'll be good to put it in the captivate?
Does that mean once the sim card unlocks itself i'll be good to put it in the captivate?

3 of 6 (1,943 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2012 9:50:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Feb 12, 2012 at 9:51:56 AM

ElMega wrote:
Yes, that is correct. Most SIM cards are locked to the original phone of activation for a period of six months. After that, they "free" themselves and can be used in any AT&T or unlocked phone.

It would be much quicker to call customer service and have them unlock the phone for you if you want to use it right away.

ElMega wrote:
Yes, that is correct. Most SIM cards are locked to the original phone of activation for a period of six months. After that, they "free" themselves and can be used in any AT&T or unlocked phone.

It would be much quicker to call customer service and have them unlock the phone for you if you want to use it right away.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (1,940 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2012 10:38:54 AM
(0)
Contributor
Ok sounds good thanks.
Ok sounds good thanks.

5 of 6 (1,935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2012 1:35:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You are welcome.

You are welcome.

6 of 6 (1,928 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments