i need help with my go phone sim card for my samsung captivate

Contributor

i need help with my go phone sim card for my samsung captivate

Whenever I take the go simcard from the Motorola gophone and put it into my unlocked samsung captivate it don't work. I need some help and steps to get it working please. Also I been using the go phone for about 5 1/2 months now.
Message 1 of 6 (1,989 Views)
Master

Re: i need help with my go phone sim card for my samsung captivate

Your SIM card is locked to the Motorola phone. You can either wait another half of a month for the SIM to automatically unlock itself or you can call customer service to have them unlock it for you. 1-800-331-0500 or 611 "more options", "customer service" from your GoPhone.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 6 (1,970 Views)
Contributor

Does that mean once the sim card unlocks itself i'll be good to put it in the captivate?
Message 3 of 6 (1,959 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

ElMega wrote:
Does that mean once the sim card unlocks itself i'll be good to put it in the captivate?
Yes, that is correct. Most SIM cards are locked to the original phone of activation for a period of six months. After that, they "free" themselves and can be used in any AT&T or unlocked phone.

It would be much quicker to call customer service and have them unlock the phone for you if you want to use it right away.

Message 4 of 6 (1,956 Views)
Contributor

Ok sounds good thanks.
Message 5 of 6 (1,951 Views)
Highlighted
Master

You are welcome.

Message 6 of 6 (1,944 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.