i cant call a specific number

Contributor

i cant call a specific number

phone is a 8100 

i've had my friends number in my phones address book for over 6 months and called the number almost daily, now starting today it wont let me call them. its just 1-2 minutes of silence then "your call can not be completed as dialed" i can call all the other numbers in my phone no problem. i dialed them on a friends phone and they said they'd call me. i was able to get their call and talk to them, i hung up and tried to call and got the same as before.

so the phone number hasnt changed and no settings have been touched for quite a while. i already tried a battery pull and that did not fix it. any help or ideas?

Message 1 of 11

Re: i cant call a specific number

You may be caught in part of the network outage.  Apparently, from what I've seen, it seems to affect different areas in different ways.
Message 2 of 11
Master

bayer40601 wrote:
You may be caught in part of the network outage.  Apparently, from what I've seen, it seems to affect different areas in different ways.
This is what I was thinking as well, when I read the post at first. However, that person was able to call the OP, and the OP was able to make other voice calls without a problem....... Not sure what the issue could be........
Message 3 of 11
Contributor

now im getting an error message 2, wi01gn
Message 4 of 11
Master

Schwartzh wrote:
now im getting an error message 2, wi01gn

Is it the same number, or a different one this time? Also, what does the error message that you are receiving say?
Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
Contributor

I am experiencing same situation with little resolve from tech support. In my case it started mid day 9/14/2009 have a Nokia phone 21xx leaves me with message of "Number cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number and try again....msg 2 WI 01GN." It happens to be my wifes phone # which I can call with every other option except my own. I can send her text messages and she can call me, but I cannot call her. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
Message 6 of 11
Professor

This has happened to me on numerous occasions to certain numbers and it is a network related issue. I would not worry about it too much unless it repeats itself every day. Usually it sorts itself out after a few mins.
Message 7 of 11
Master

guandalf wrote:
This has happened to me on numerous occasions to certain numbers and it is a network related issue. I would not worry about it too much unless it repeats itself every day. Usually it sorts itself out after a few mins.

I have never had this happen to any of the phones that I have used. If it's a network issue, how come the OP was able to receive a call from the person he wasn't able to call? It just seems odd to me, that only that one number isn't able to be called, but still gets through to the OP.........

Message 8 of 11
Professor

Irish Rose wrote:

guandalf wrote:

I have never had this happen to any of the phones that I have used. If it's a network issue, how come the OP was able to receive a call from the person he wasn't able to call? It just seems odd to me, that only that one number isn't able to be called, but still gets through to the OP.........

When he says he wasnt ablt to call, please remember these things will happen for a few mins, not more. In fact it happened to me when calling my partner on the other coast 2 days ago. It can happen due to network congestion, network routing issues, and a million of other things. One thing is for sure.. it is not a phone issue.
Message 9 of 11
Master

guandalf wrote:

When he says he wasnt ablt to call, please remember these things will happen for a few mins, not more. In fact it happened to me when calling my partner on the other coast 2 days ago. It can happen due to network congestion, network routing issues, and a million of other things. One thing is for sure.. it is not a phone issue.

I'm well aware of the fact that networks can have issues from time to time, and wasn't suggesting that this was a device issue. The OP couldn't get the call to go through at all. Even after two minutes, they were given a "your call can not be completed as dialed message".  Can this be a network issue? Absolutely, it can, or something is messed up with the number that the OP is trying to call, since this seems to be the only one that is having a problem.

Message 10 of 11
Professor

Irish Rose wrote:

guandalf wrote:

I'm well aware of the fact that networks can have issues from time to time, and wasn't suggesting that this was a device issue. The OP couldn't get the call to go through at all. Even after two minutes, they were given a "your call can not be completed as dialed message".  Can this be a network issue? Absolutely, it can, or something is messed up with the number that the OP is trying to call, since this seems to be the only one that is having a problem.

Apparently AT&T has an official page about this message - https://www.wireless.att.com/support_static_files/KB/KB42356.html and based on what the page says the OP should call CS and report the issue.
Message Edited by guandalf on 09-18-2009 07:41:47 AM
Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support