htc inspire and 3g microcell

Contributor

htc inspire and 3g microcell

I just bought the inspire on Sunday, got it connected to WiFi, put the number in for the microcell I have st hkme, but I'm still not getting connected to any service! Is anyone else having trouble with the inspire and 3g microcell? I asked numerous times at the at&t store if they were compatible and they always said yes, so why am I still without signal?
Message 1 of 6 (1,600 Views)

Re: htc inspire and 3g microcell

Oh no!  I havent taken my new device home, but when I look at my account it has this nonsense:

[FTC-VFW2: WARNING: Only 3G devices are compatible with MicroCell, our records indicate the device associated with this number may not be a 3G device.]

Message 2 of 6 (1,491 Views)

oRe: htc inspire and 3g microcell

It works fine with the Microcell, despite the warning message in my online account.

Message 3 of 6 (1,427 Views)

Re: oRe: htc inspire and 3g microcell

Inspire and Microcell works fine for me, no warnings, just works.

Message 4 of 6 (1,372 Views)
Contributor

Hi

I Recently Bought An Inspire 4G From AT&T In New York And Unlocked It - When I Got Home To South Africa The Thing Was Not Connecting To 3G - The Best I Get Out Of It Is Edge And This Is Really Frustrating... Is There Anything I Can Do That Would Get 3G Working On The Phone?

Message 5 of 6 (807 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

DarkPrinceMoonLite wrote:

Hi

I Recently Bought An Inspire 4G From AT&T In New York And Unlocked It - When I Got Home To South Africa The Thing Was Not Connecting To 3G - The Best I Get Out Of It Is Edge And This Is Really Frustrating... Is There Anything I Can Do That Would Get 3G Working On The Phone?

According to the following webpage, the band used for 3G in South Africa is 2100 MHz.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html

The Inspire only has 3G bands 850 and 1900 MHz.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/index.jsp?device=HTC+Inspire+%28TM...

Band compatibility is set in hardware.  So no, there is nothing you can do to get 3G working in South Africa.  You should always thoroughly research band compatibility before purchasing a phone from any source other than your home carrier.

Also, your question is off-topic from the subject of this thread.  You should have started your own thread.

Message 6 of 6 (804 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support