Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 15, 2011
1:09:03 PM
View profile
htc inspire and 3g microcell
I just bought the inspire on Sunday, got it connected to WiFi, put the number in for the microcell I have st hkme, but I'm still not getting connected to any service! Is anyone else having trouble with the inspire and 3g microcell? I asked numerous times at the at&t store if they were compatible and they always said yes, so why am I still without signal?
I just bought the inspire on Sunday, got it connected to WiFi, put the number in for the microcell I have st hkme, but I'm still not getting connected to any service! Is anyone else having trouble with the inspire and 3g microcell? I asked numerous times at the at&t store if they were compatible and they always said yes, so why am I still without signal?

htc inspire and 3g microcell

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2011 10:04:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

Oh no!  I havent taken my new device home, but when I look at my account it has this nonsense:

[FTC-VFW2: WARNING: Only 3G devices are compatible with MicroCell, our records indicate the device associated with this number may not be a 3G device.]

Oh no!  I havent taken my new device home, but when I look at my account it has this nonsense:

[FTC-VFW2: WARNING: Only 3G devices are compatible with MicroCell, our records indicate the device associated with this number may not be a 3G device.]

Re: htc inspire and 3g microcell

2 of 6 (1,431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2011 11:06:36 AM
(0)
Scholar

It works fine with the Microcell, despite the warning message in my online account.

It works fine with the Microcell, despite the warning message in my online account.

oRe: htc inspire and 3g microcell

3 of 6 (1,367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2011 12:54:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

Inspire and Microcell works fine for me, no warnings, just works.

Inspire and Microcell works fine for me, no warnings, just works.

Re: oRe: htc inspire and 3g microcell

4 of 6 (1,312 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2011 7:09:21 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi

I Recently Bought An Inspire 4G From AT&T In New York And Unlocked It - When I Got Home To South Africa The Thing Was Not Connecting To 3G - The Best I Get Out Of It Is Edge And This Is Really Frustrating... Is There Anything I Can Do That Would Get 3G Working On The Phone?

Hi

I Recently Bought An Inspire 4G From AT&T In New York And Unlocked It - When I Got Home To South Africa The Thing Was Not Connecting To 3G - The Best I Get Out Of It Is Edge And This Is Really Frustrating... Is There Anything I Can Do That Would Get 3G Working On The Phone?

5 of 6 (747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2011 7:19:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

DarkPrinceMoonLite wrote:

Hi

According to the following webpage, the band used for 3G in South Africa is 2100 MHz.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html

The Inspire only has 3G bands 850 and 1900 MHz.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/index.jsp?device=HTC+Inspire+%28TM...

Band compatibility is set in hardware.  So no, there is nothing you can do to get 3G working in South Africa.  You should always thoroughly research band compatibility before purchasing a phone from any source other than your home carrier.

Also, your question is off-topic from the subject of this thread.  You should have started your own thread.

DarkPrinceMoonLite wrote:

Hi

According to the following webpage, the band used for 3G in South Africa is 2100 MHz.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html

The Inspire only has 3G bands 850 and 1900 MHz.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/index.jsp?device=HTC+Inspire+%28TM%29+4G*&q_sku=sku5100284#fbid=O3vZEd3z6nm

Band compatibility is set in hardware.  So no, there is nothing you can do to get 3G working in South Africa.  You should always thoroughly research band compatibility before purchasing a phone from any source other than your home carrier.

Also, your question is off-topic from the subject of this thread.  You should have started your own thread.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (744 Views)