Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 23, 2009
11:31:13 AM
View profile
how can tell if my number has been blocked?

hello:

how can i tell if my cell phone number (i have a different carried than AT&T)  is being blocked by an AT&T number?  i was able to call and all of a sudden get a weird message.  i looked the phone number up online and it says its still a working number but i dont want to jump to conclusions.  what message would i get from an AT&T phone if my number has been blocked?  thank you so much for your help. 

hello:

how can i tell if my cell phone number (i have a different carried than AT&T)  is being blocked by an AT&T number?  i was able to call and all of a sudden get a weird message.  i looked the phone number up online and it says its still a working number but i dont want to jump to conclusions.  what message would i get from an AT&T phone if my number has been blocked?  thank you so much for your help. 

how can tell if my number has been blocked?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2009 2:00:36 PM
(0)
Master

Wondering89 wrote:

hello:

I am not sure where you looked up on line to confirm that a number is still active?  If it is not here, it could take some time to update with a recent change.  Things to considere is that the individual could have changed their number or blocked your number.  I am not sure if there would be a specific message that you would get letting you know you have been blocked or they changed their number.  Even then, with a number that has changed, the old number would still belong to ATT and could be used by another user in the future and may still show up as active but not necessarily with the person you are trying to reach.

If the person did block your number, you are going to need to pursue other avenues to reach them.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Wondering89 wrote:

hello:

I am not sure where you looked up on line to confirm that a number is still active?  If it is not here, it could take some time to update with a recent change.  Things to considere is that the individual could have changed their number or blocked your number.  I am not sure if there would be a specific message that you would get letting you know you have been blocked or they changed their number.  Even then, with a number that has changed, the old number would still belong to ATT and could be used by another user in the future and may still show up as active but not necessarily with the person you are trying to reach.

If the person did block your number, you are going to need to pursue other avenues to reach them.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: how can tell if my number has been blocked?

2 of 4 (5,095 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2009 2:02:25 PM
(0)
Master
Keep in mind we are all customers here and cannot see any accounts.  Those from ATT here are moderators and cannot lookup account information either and in most cases only respond on threads to control the tone of the boards and not provide official answers.

Keep in mind we are all customers here and cannot see any accounts.  Those from ATT here are moderators and cannot lookup account information either and in most cases only respond on threads to control the tone of the boards and not provide official answers.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

3 of 4 (5,092 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2009 11:47:38 PM
(0)
Scholar
I have comments to offer. Depending on where you looked the number up at, maybe you got a wrong answer on that. They would have to be informed pretty often to keep an accurate database on that kind of stuff. But i don't know all the details heh. I'd also call the number from some other number if you feel it necessary to find out for sure it's a working number. Also they could have tried a different voice mail service and didn't set it up right yet, turned on call forwarding, etc. I guess, maybe. If you want to be real optimistic- Smiley Wink
I have comments to offer. Depending on where you looked the number up at, maybe you got a wrong answer on that. They would have to be informed pretty often to keep an accurate database on that kind of stuff. But i don't know all the details heh. I'd also call the number from some other number if you feel it necessary to find out for sure it's a working number. Also they could have tried a different voice mail service and didn't set it up right yet, turned on call forwarding, etc. I guess, maybe. If you want to be real optimistic- Smiley Wink

4 of 4 (5,051 Views)