Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 3, 2011
1:32:31 PM
View profile
horrid service and terrible support
I have had At&t since Nov of last year. I didn't encounter many problems until Feb of this year but from then on I've had one problem after another with At&t. Granted they did everything possible on the tech support side to resolve my never ending problems AND I never spoke a bad word on them while constantly having service problems and device resets, etc. I took every step At&t asked me to take and I did it willingly. But now that we have come into June and every tech support suggestion has been tried with no success, I very nicely asked At&t to let me cancel my service free of charge due to all the problems and I wouldn't say a bad word against them. They have refused and told me I have to contine paying 150 dollars a month for a phone that has issue after issue and service that is terrible in my area. I signed a contract that they are not willing to follow! So as soon as this single mom gets the money to cancel, I will do just that. I hate the fact that At&t is unwilling to see reason. I have taken all I can from them and can no longer keep quiet about it. At&t is awful and I cannot wait to drop their sorry butts!
I have had At&t since Nov of last year. I didn't encounter many problems until Feb of this year but from then on I've had one problem after another with At&t. Granted they did everything possible on the tech support side to resolve my never ending problems AND I never spoke a bad word on them while constantly having service problems and device resets, etc. I took every step At&t asked me to take and I did it willingly. But now that we have come into June and every tech support suggestion has been tried with no success, I very nicely asked At&t to let me cancel my service free of charge due to all the problems and I wouldn't say a bad word against them. They have refused and told me I have to contine paying 150 dollars a month for a phone that has issue after issue and service that is terrible in my area. I signed a contract that they are not willing to follow! So as soon as this single mom gets the money to cancel, I will do just that. I hate the fact that At&t is unwilling to see reason. I have taken all I can from them and can no longer keep quiet about it. At&t is awful and I cannot wait to drop their sorry butts!

horrid service and terrible support

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 1:47:08 PM
(0)
Contributor
I cannot wait to get the money to ETF! At&t is a joke and I hope the company crashes and burns.
I cannot wait to get the money to ETF! At&t is a joke and I hope the company crashes and burns.

At&t = Worst service ever

2 of 10 (405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 3:39:52 PM
(0)
Mentor

Funny how they expect you to honor the contract you signed, yet they don't have to.  I'd contact my states attorney generals office, see if there's anything they can do.  You are paying for a service that they aren't providing. 

Funny how they expect you to honor the contract you signed, yet they don't have to.  I'd contact my states attorney generals office, see if there's anything they can do.  You are paying for a service that they aren't providing. 

Re: At&t = Worst service ever

3 of 10 (386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 4:55:29 AM
(0)
Contributor
Sorry guys, but if you read the contract carefully they clearly say we cant not provide service everywhere therefor you have 30 days to test it, and by not cancling in 30 days it is your own problem! Some claim i did not notice it till later well guess what! If you cant see a problem in 30 days then there isnt real one! And if you are too lazy to read the contract it is your fault not at&t's!
Sorry guys, but if you read the contract carefully they clearly say we cant not provide service everywhere therefor you have 30 days to test it, and by not cancling in 30 days it is your own problem! Some claim i did not notice it till later well guess what! If you cant see a problem in 30 days then there isnt real one! And if you are too lazy to read the contract it is your fault not at&t's!

Re: horrid service and terrible support

4 of 10 (364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 6:58:30 AM
(0)
Mentor

She did test it for 30 days, found the service she was recieving acceptable.  Now months later, something has changed and she's not getting the same service that she got in the first 30 days.  Shouldn't ATT be required to provide the same level of service for the entire 2 years?  I'm not talking about a temp service interruption that lasts a few days. This has been going on since Feb, that's 4 months, and they're doing nothing to rectify the situation.

She did test it for 30 days, found the service she was recieving acceptable.  Now months later, something has changed and she's not getting the same service that she got in the first 30 days.  Shouldn't ATT be required to provide the same level of service for the entire 2 years?  I'm not talking about a temp service interruption that lasts a few days. This has been going on since Feb, that's 4 months, and they're doing nothing to rectify the situation.

5 of 10 (354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 5:56:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

i agree.  there should be no reason you are sitting in the middle of towers (according to them) and still not get any reception.  hopefully i never have an emergency and need to use my phone

i agree.  there should be no reason you are sitting in the middle of towers (according to them) and still not get any reception.  hopefully i never have an emergency and need to use my phone

6 of 10 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2011 7:44:11 AM
(0)
Contributor

kateboggs_08 wrote:

How can I get out of this contract with AT&T?  This is the worst service that I have ever had.  Several years ago, I had a contract with AT&T, but could not get any service where I lived.  I was told it was because AT&T did not have a tower in the area.  The contract was cancelled.  After several years, I signed another contract, only to find out there is still no tower.  My cell phone is useless in my home.  There is no reception, yet, when I go to one of AT&T stores I am told that I have very good reception in my area, and it has got to be something in my home that is interfering.  Will someone please tell me what could be over my whole house that is interfering with the reception, and how I can get out of this contract.

kateboggs_08 wrote:

How can I get out of this contract with AT&T?  This is the worst service that I have ever had.  Several years ago, I had a contract with AT&T, but could not get any service where I lived.  I was told it was because AT&T did not have a tower in the area.  The contract was cancelled.  After several years, I signed another contract, only to find out there is still no tower.  My cell phone is useless in my home.  There is no reception, yet, when I go to one of AT&T stores I am told that I have very good reception in my area, and it has got to be something in my home that is interfering.  Will someone please tell me what could be over my whole house that is interfering with the reception, and how I can get out of this contract.

Re: At&t = Worst service ever

7 of 10 (305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2011 12:24:38 PM
(0)
Employee
the house is the interference. the construction it is made out of.
the house is the interference. the construction it is made out of.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 10 (285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 10:57:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

Typical response from AT&T employee! We have six phones with AT&T..one in Chicago, one in New York, one in Indiana and three in Southern Illinois. I call every two weeks complaining about poor reception and constant dropped calls. All they do is re-register the phones. I will definitely NOT be renewing my contract.

Typical response from AT&T employee! We have six phones with AT&T..one in Chicago, one in New York, one in Indiana and three in Southern Illinois. I call every two weeks complaining about poor reception and constant dropped calls. All they do is re-register the phones. I will definitely NOT be renewing my contract.

9 of 10 (221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 12:48:25 PM
(0)
Employee
the construction of th building is the reason i dont have cell service in my house. yah it may sound stupid but it's a legit problem.
the construction of th building is the reason i dont have cell service in my house. yah it may sound stupid but it's a legit problem.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 10 (203 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments