Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 23, 2012
2:42:02 PM
View profile
hi guys pls need help a lot
Edited by ShaunMN on Jan 23, 2012 at 3:19:51 PM

unfortunately i have an at&t iphone 4s and im outside usa.i cant call i cant do nothing.it was a gift for me from my cousin that live in new york.i dont wanna turn it back cos i live in Tirana Albania and is so far away.pls help me with anything i even can pay. pls contact me on my mail {personal content removed for safety}

i need help really im not enjoying my phone please guys any help is usefull

unfortunately i have an at&t iphone 4s and im outside usa.i cant call i cant do nothing.it was a gift for me from my cousin that live in new york.i dont wanna turn it back cos i live in Tirana Albania and is so far away.pls help me with anything i even can pay. pls contact me on my mail {personal content removed for safety}

i need help really im not enjoying my phone please guys any help is usefull

hi guys pls need help a lot

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 4:21:16 PM
(0)
Professor
It sounds like your phone is a US iPhone that is locked to AT&T. Unfortunately, neither AT&T nor Apple will unlock it, no matter how much is paid or whether you have a contract or not. Your options are 1) return it to your cousin, 2) sell it and buy an unlocked iPhone, or 3) investigate third party unlocking options that can't be discussed here.
It sounds like your phone is a US iPhone that is locked to AT&T. Unfortunately, neither AT&T nor Apple will unlock it, no matter how much is paid or whether you have a contract or not. Your options are 1) return it to your cousin, 2) sell it and buy an unlocked iPhone, or 3) investigate third party unlocking options that can't be discussed here.

Re: hi guys pls need help a lot

2 of 3 (170 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 5:56:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by GeekBoy on Jan 23, 2012 at 5:56:46 PM

I would suggest that you contact your cousin to return the phone to where he bought it, and have him go to Apple and buy you an unlocked iPhone 4S.  The unlocked phones are more expensive, but they are not locked to a carrier, so you can then use them in other countries, like you are trying to do.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

I would suggest that you contact your cousin to return the phone to where he bought it, and have him go to Apple and buy you an unlocked iPhone 4S.  The unlocked phones are more expensive, but they are not locked to a carrier, so you can then use them in other countries, like you are trying to do.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: hi guys pls need help a lot

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (154 Views)