help with restrictions IPhone 3gs

Contributor

help with restrictions IPhone 3gs

Somehow my Iphone 3gs has restrictions requiring a PIN to purchace elicit music or apps.  I don't know how this happened and therefore do not have the PIN- What do I have to do to have this removed?  Any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 3
Guru

Re: help with restrictions IPhone 3gs

You need the passcode. Either yourself or someone else enabled restrictions on it and had to set a passcode. You would go to settings - restrictions. If you didn't set it then only way to get rid of it that I know of is restore your phone as new and create a new itunes user name.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Professor

Re: help with restrictions IPhone 3gs

See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4213

"Important: Restrictions can also be enabled or enforced using a profile (typically installed when using the device for business or education purposes). You can check for installed profiles in Settings > General > Profiles. For additional information, contact the administrator or the person who installed the profile."

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support