help with restrictions IPhone 3gs

Contributor

help with restrictions IPhone 3gs

Somehow my Iphone 3gs has restrictions requiring a PIN to purchace elicit music or apps.  I don't know how this happened and therefore do not have the PIN- What do I have to do to have this removed?  Any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 3 (293 Views)
Guru

Re: help with restrictions IPhone 3gs

You need the passcode. Either yourself or someone else enabled restrictions on it and had to set a passcode. You would go to settings - restrictions. If you didn't set it then only way to get rid of it that I know of is restore your phone as new and create a new itunes user name.
Message 2 of 3 (285 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: help with restrictions IPhone 3gs

See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4213

"Important: Restrictions can also be enabled or enforced using a profile (typically installed when using the device for business or education purposes). You can check for installed profiles in Settings > General > Profiles. For additional information, contact the administrator or the person who installed the profile."

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (284 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.