Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 4, 2012
5:59:20 AM
View profile
help with restrictions IPhone 3gs

Somehow my Iphone 3gs has restrictions requiring a PIN to purchace elicit music or apps.  I don't know how this happened and therefore do not have the PIN- What do I have to do to have this removed?  Any help is appreciated

Somehow my Iphone 3gs has restrictions requiring a PIN to purchace elicit music or apps.  I don't know how this happened and therefore do not have the PIN- What do I have to do to have this removed?  Any help is appreciated

help with restrictions IPhone 3gs

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2012 6:31:04 AM
(0)
Guru
You need the passcode. Either yourself or someone else enabled restrictions on it and had to set a passcode. You would go to settings - restrictions. If you didn't set it then only way to get rid of it that I know of is restore your phone as new and create a new itunes user name.
You need the passcode. Either yourself or someone else enabled restrictions on it and had to set a passcode. You would go to settings - restrictions. If you didn't set it then only way to get rid of it that I know of is restore your phone as new and create a new itunes user name.

Re: help with restrictions IPhone 3gs

2 of 3 (279 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2012 6:32:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4213

"Important: Restrictions can also be enabled or enforced using a profile (typically installed when using the device for business or education purposes). You can check for installed profiles in Settings > General > Profiles. For additional information, contact the administrator or the person who installed the profile."

See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4213

"Important: Restrictions can also be enabled or enforced using a profile (typically installed when using the device for business or education purposes). You can check for installed profiles in Settings > General > Profiles. For additional information, contact the administrator or the person who installed the profile."

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: help with restrictions IPhone 3gs

3 of 3 (278 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments