Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 19, 2010
10:38:36 AM
View profile
help with data ):

I only have the 200mb data plan-
1) if I set up the Google account but don't use it for email or anything else (i only want to set it up to download free games and apps) will it use up my data even though im not checking email or anything?

2)Everytime i use a game o r use an app will it use up my data.

I'm basically worried about my data since I dont have that much PLEASE HELP ):

I only have the 200mb data plan-
1) if I set up the Google account but don't use it for email or anything else (i only want to set it up to download free games and apps) will it use up my data even though im not checking email or anything?

2)Everytime i use a game o r use an app will it use up my data.

I'm basically worried about my data since I dont have that much PLEASE HELP ):

help with data ):

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2010 6:06:38 PM
(0)
Employee

some apps/games use data. You can tell which ones when you download it, it'll tell you which functions of the hones it can control, if internet is one of them, expect it to use data.

and if you have email set to load manually it won't use data because it's notchecking for email.

also disable weather, stocks, facebook, twitter and the such if you have them on the phone because it can use data in the background as well.

*DATA# to check your usage on the go, but AT&T does send out free s,s when you get close to your usage limits.

some apps/games use data. You can tell which ones when you download it, it'll tell you which functions of the hones it can control, if internet is one of them, expect it to use data.

and if you have email set to load manually it won't use data because it's notchecking for email.

also disable weather, stocks, facebook, twitter and the such if you have them on the phone because it can use data in the background as well.

*DATA# to check your usage on the go, but AT&T does send out free s,s when you get close to your usage limits.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: help with data ):

2 of 5 (1,485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2010 9:54:30 AM
(0)
Master
You can also use wifi for most of your data needs wherever it available. Data sent over wifi will not count towards the data plan allotment.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
You can also use wifi for most of your data needs wherever it available. Data sent over wifi will not count towards the data plan allotment.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

3 of 5 (1,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 2:22:56 PM
(0)
Employee

make sure you change the wifi policies otherwise it will revert to celluar data when the screen is off. 

Menu>Settings>Wireless Networks and Wifi>Wifi Settings>Menu>Advanced Options

make sure you change the wifi policies otherwise it will revert to celluar data when the screen is off. 

Menu>Settings>Wireless Networks and Wifi>Wifi Settings>Menu>Advanced Options

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (1,114 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 4:57:06 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by das8nt on Jan 21, 2011 at 4:57:51 PM

You can be careful with all of the great suggestions mentioned above, but keep in mind that 200mb/month is still quite a bit of data for an average user. My wife has an iPhone 3GS and is on Facebook and twitter apps alot throughout the day and has not crossed the 200mb threshold (though I have her on the 2gb just in case.) She just tries to hop on WiFi hotspots when available to help. I would use it sparingly for a week or so, then check your data usage as stated above and see how it's adding up. Judge your usage over the first month's bill after that. Just be mindful what you're doing when you're not on WiFi and you should be fine.

You can be careful with all of the great suggestions mentioned above, but keep in mind that 200mb/month is still quite a bit of data for an average user. My wife has an iPhone 3GS and is on Facebook and twitter apps alot throughout the day and has not crossed the 200mb threshold (though I have her on the 2gb just in case.) She just tries to hop on WiFi hotspots when available to help. I would use it sparingly for a week or so, then check your data usage as stated above and see how it's adding up. Judge your usage over the first month's bill after that. Just be mindful what you're doing when you're not on WiFi and you should be fine.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (1,103 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments