help!!!how should I upgrade to iphone4

Contributor

help!!!how should I upgrade to iphone4

Hi All!

I've just became a att user in August. I enrolled in a 2-year family plan contract and got an samsung galaxy S.

I'm not satisfied with it and I want to upgrade to iphone4. I'm confused about how it works.

1. I only have to extend my contract for another two months if I want to upgrade? (and pay for 200-300bucks)

or I have to sign a new contract and get rid of the current one

2. And will there be any influence on the other lines in my family plan?

3.what will be my charge when the other lines expire and I'm still in the plan?

Thankyou !!!

Message 1 of 4 (1,478 Views)
Professor

Re: help!!!how should I upgrade to iphone4

immortalg wrote:

Hi All!

I've just became a att user in August. I enrolled in a 2-year family plan contract and got an samsung galaxy S.

I'm not satisfied with it and I want to upgrade to iphone4. I'm confused about how it works.

1. I only have to extend my contract for another two months if I want to upgrade? (and pay for 200-300bucks)

Thankyou !!!

if you are egliable for a upgrade you extend your Contract for another 2 years.

as for the other LINES they will NOT be effected buy the Iphone 4 upgrade.once the other lines Expire you can close them out or renew the line with a new phone and another 2 year contract.

Message 2 of 4 (1,409 Views)
Scholar

immortalg wrote:

Hi All!

Thankyou !!!

1. No, you must wait until your 2 year contract is up, before you can renew on another 2 year contract. Also after one year, there is an option to add 2 years on to that, but you will not get near the discount.

2.There will be no influence on your other lines if you do update your phone. Each line has it's on individual contract dates.

3. You will just keep paying your bill as normal. After there 2 years is up, if you want to drop them and keep yours until the 2 years is up that is fine to.

If you want to get rid of the phone, the best bet is to sell it as used, and then pay full price for a new iPhone. Likely will get $300 or more for the phone you have, then buy the new iPhone for the difference. Sorry you chose the wrong phone, but this is your only option. Or you could pay ETF, sell the phone to pay for that, and then sign a new contract for an iPhone at the discounted price. Again you will be out about the same amount of money, so it would just be easier to go the other route.

Message 3 of 4 (1,385 Views)
Mentor

You are not going to be eligible for any type of discounted price with only being 2 months into your contract. Your only choice at this time is going to be to buy the iPhone at full retail price, then sell your Samsung phone on eBay or a similar site to offset the cost of the iPhone. I don't even think that at&t will even give you the early upgrade price on the iPhone 4, but it never hurts to ask them. Stranger things have happened I'm sure. 

Here is how the pricing breaks down: 

As you can see, it isn't going to be a cheap option for you if you have to either early upgrade or no commit purchase. But best of luck to you!

Message 4 of 4 (1,384 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.