haveing a major problem with galaxy s2

Contributor

haveing a major problem with galaxy s2

i am having a major issue with my galaxy s2. As of today it started bringing up the pass code screen by itself and freezing the screen with it on. the only way for me fix the problem has been to take out the battery. this whole ordeal was draining my battery very quickly so i decided to turn my phone off completely since i was at work. Then i come to find out that when i shut my phone down it immediately turns itself back on. once i got it connected to my computer charger at home it doesn't keep a connection, it goes in and out, i use a computer charger for it and my computer was telling me over and over again that it was being connected to a device then disconnected, this was happening rather quickly. also it would bring up the vlingo based driver mode by itself while it was sitting untouched.

I looked at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SGH-I777ZKAATT# for Samsung's email support, however they do not even have the i777 in their menu for American at&t phones.

any ideas or thoughts on what could be the problem here?

thanks much

Message 1 of 3 (441 Views)

Re: haveing a major problem with galaxy s2

I think you have a defective phone.  Do you pay for AT&T Enhanced Support?  Can you take the phone back for a new one?  Did you try a "Factory Reset"?

Message 2 of 3 (435 Views)
Scholar

Re: haveing a major problem with galaxy s2

I agree try a factory reset and if that doesn't work which honestly I don't believe it will call AT&T Customer Support and they will send you a replacement . One way or another it's definitely still under warranty, if you've had it for less then a month your local AT&T Store will replace it and if you've had it for more then a month call AT&T Customer Support and they will send you a replacment.
Message 3 of 3 (395 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.