Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 29, 2011
10:03:03 PM
has never been activated or worked, no calls returned, open service order

so, after speaking with customer support, transferred to technical support, and then escalated to network support, my 3gmicrocell still has not been activated.  The resolution date has been moved 3 times, and I have yet to receive any call back from them.  I did get error message 103, but the tech support guy didn't know what that meant!

Searching this forum, it appears this problem is over a year old!  Last call I made, I was told the problem had been escalated to "national error".  Whew!  This makes me think the situation is hopeless!

Time to call and request credit on account!

so, after speaking with customer support, transferred to technical support, and then escalated to network support, my 3gmicrocell still has not been activated.  The resolution date has been moved 3 times, and I have yet to receive any call back from them.  I did get error message 103, but the tech support guy didn't know what that meant!

Searching this forum, it appears this problem is over a year old!  Last call I made, I was told the problem had been escalated to "national error".  Whew!  This makes me think the situation is hopeless!

has never been activated or worked, no calls returned, open service order

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2011 11:19:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Tx_coast wrote:

And a credit you should get. Just make sure support documents your lack of in-home service and then have them transfer you to billing. That's what I did and ended up with an $80 credit on my current bill which was applied almost instantly (showed up about 6 hours later).

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Tx_coast wrote:

And a credit you should get. Just make sure support documents your lack of in-home service and then have them transfer you to billing. That's what I did and ended up with an $80 credit on my current bill which was applied almost instantly (showed up about 6 hours later).

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: has never been activated or worked, no calls returned, open service order

2 of 4 (356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2011 11:46:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

Not sure if this will work for you.  Took me 5 days to get mine activated.  I have ATT DSL but doubt that was the issue.  Had to use a consumer grade router, Linksys, to hook up with no firewall set.  Then used my business class router behind that to protect the rest of my network.  No manner of pinholes and other esoteric router changes would work. 

Modem -> Linksys router (setup as directed by Microcell manual) -> microcell

Also Linksys -> router -> rest of network.

I can explain more if you want.

Not sure if this will work for you.  Took me 5 days to get mine activated.  I have ATT DSL but doubt that was the issue.  Had to use a consumer grade router, Linksys, to hook up with no firewall set.  Then used my business class router behind that to protect the rest of my network.  No manner of pinholes and other esoteric router changes would work. 

3 of 4 (352 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2011 12:12:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ncbobb wrote:

Wow. That is really complicated. It shouldn't be that way at all but it's just another example of what folks have to go thru just to get the *darned* thing to work. Too many variables out there that AT&T just didn't check. For me it was a simple, straightforward setup. DSL modem -> AEBS -> MicroCell. Of course I had to setup port forwarding to a static, assigned IP address for the MicroCell but it works fine for me with no negative impact on the rest of my network at all.

ncbobb wrote:

Wow. That is really complicated. It shouldn't be that way at all but it's just another example of what folks have to go thru just to get the *darned* thing to work. Too many variables out there that AT&T just didn't check. For me it was a simple, straightforward setup. DSL modem -> AEBS -> MicroCell. Of course I had to setup port forwarding to a static, assigned IP address for the MicroCell but it works fine for me with no negative impact on the rest of my network at all.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (350 Views)