Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 20, 2010
4:27:17 PM
View profile
group contacts samsung captivate

im trying to create a group contact ..i go under contacts then hit groups and when i click on "friends" or even create my own group name..and i click on ADD MEMBER..no contact list pops up..i cant choose any contacts...am i missing something here????

im trying to create a group contact ..i go under contacts then hit groups and when i click on "friends" or even create my own group name..and i click on ADD MEMBER..no contact list pops up..i cant choose any contacts...am i missing something here????

group contacts samsung captivate

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2010 5:46:16 PM
(0)
Teacher

I used Groups by first createing a Group name. Then create contacts and/or add them to the Group using the edit function under contacts.

I used Groups by first createing a Group name. Then create contacts and/or add them to the Group using the edit function under contacts.

Re: group contacts samsung captivate

2 of 15 (6,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2010 10:38:32 PM
(0)
Scholar

that didnt work..i have no option to put contacts into a group i created...anyone else having trouble creating a group contact??

that didnt work..i have no option to put contacts into a group i created...anyone else having trouble creating a group contact??

3 of 15 (6,447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 9:15:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

When I tried to add contacts to my Family or Friends groups, it would only let me select contacts from the Not Assigned list.  Apparently you cannot move contacts from group to group.  All my contacts were backed up to gmail contacts before I bought the phone, so now all my contacts are in the Google group.  I decided to just leave them there and select them from there.

When I tried to add contacts to my Family or Friends groups, it would only let me select contacts from the Not Assigned list.  Apparently you cannot move contacts from group to group.  All my contacts were backed up to gmail contacts before I bought the phone, so now all my contacts are in the Google group.  I decided to just leave them there and select them from there.

4 of 15 (6,395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 7:37:41 PM
(0)
Teacher

well i have noticed that anyone that imported from gmail into my contacts can not be added to groups however those that i have manually entered have the option to be added to groups.

well i have noticed that anyone that imported from gmail into my contacts can not be added to groups however those that i have manually entered have the option to be added to groups.

Re: group contacts samsung captivatet anyone li

5 of 15 (6,362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 8:37:39 PM
(0)
Guru

Don't know if this apples to your phone, on my samsung I have two sets of groups, one for phone and one for sim. I have my contacts saved to phone and not sim, address book settings are set to view contacts from all, but if I try to create or select a group for sim I will have no contacts show when Add Member is selected, if I select a phone group all the contacts will show. If I move or copy contacts to sim those contacts will show on the sim groups, be it business, family, friends or I create my own group.

Don't know if this apples to your phone, on my samsung I have two sets of groups, one for phone and one for sim. I have my contacts saved to phone and not sim, address book settings are set to view contacts from all, but if I try to create or select a group for sim I will have no contacts show when Add Member is selected, if I select a phone group all the contacts will show. If I move or copy contacts to sim those contacts will show on the sim groups, be it business, family, friends or I create my own group.

6 of 15 (6,354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 6:35:04 AM
(0)
Tutor

Go to contacts...menu...more...import export...then choose export....then when it's done  go to menu import export then import. Now you can add to groups.

Go to contacts...menu...more...import export...then choose export....then when it's done  go to menu import export then import. Now you can add to groups.

7 of 15 (6,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2010 1:46:55 PM
(0)
Scholar
Okay I exported/imported and that duplicated every contact on my phone AND on gmail. I did a factory default, what is thw best way to get contacts and groups from gmail?
Okay I exported/imported and that duplicated every contact on my phone AND on gmail. I did a factory default, what is thw best way to get contacts and groups from gmail?
posted from my Captivate.

8 of 15 (6,187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2010 7:23:35 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by wekebu on Jul 26, 2010 at 7:23:54 AM

Also, why does posting from my Captivate show, "posted from my HTC Hero"?  Must be an AT&T thing?

Also, why does posting from my Captivate show, "posted from my HTC Hero"?  Must be an AT&T thing?

posted from my Captivate.

[ Edited ]
9 of 15 (6,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2010 6:50:54 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have experienced exactly the same problem. 

I hit contacts, groups, and get a list of group names.  These are Family, Friends, Work, Not Assigned, Corporate, Google. 

Most are empty, Not assigned has 11, Corporate has 1313 and Google has 19.  All this was done by the phone automatically, as I have not ever created or edited any groups.

If I attempt to add members to Family, the only people who come up are the 11 unassigned contacts. 

I have been able to make a new group name ("KIDS"), and assign it a ringtone.  However, same as above, I can only load the 11 unassigned names into it.

I have tried to pull some people out of Corporate, where most of my contacts seem to reside.  So, I touch Contacts, Corporate and edit.  The only thing that comes up is "Send Message". 

I am tempted to delete the corporate group, but I'm a little worried that I will totally lose 1313 contacts from the phone. 

I'll post if I work up enough nerve to try it.

I have experienced exactly the same problem. 

I hit contacts, groups, and get a list of group names.  These are Family, Friends, Work, Not Assigned, Corporate, Google. 

Most are empty, Not assigned has 11, Corporate has 1313 and Google has 19.  All this was done by the phone automatically, as I have not ever created or edited any groups.

If I attempt to add members to Family, the only people who come up are the 11 unassigned contacts. 

I have been able to make a new group name ("KIDS"), and assign it a ringtone.  However, same as above, I can only load the 11 unassigned names into it.

I have tried to pull some people out of Corporate, where most of my contacts seem to reside.  So, I touch Contacts, Corporate and edit.  The only thing that comes up is "Send Message". 

I am tempted to delete the corporate group, but I'm a little worried that I will totally lose 1313 contacts from the phone. 

I'll post if I work up enough nerve to try it.

10 of 15 (5,302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2010 6:54:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

Just tried delete.  You have an option to delete group only, or group + members.  This sounded great. 

I selected group only. 

The groups available to delete are family, friends, kids, work.  Neither Corporate nor Google show up in this list.  So, they apparently cannot be deleted. 

I think I'm officially stuck. 

Just tried delete.  You have an option to delete group only, or group + members.  This sounded great. 

I selected group only. 

The groups available to delete are family, friends, kids, work.  Neither Corporate nor Google show up in this list.  So, they apparently cannot be deleted. 

I think I'm officially stuck. 

11 of 15 (2,250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2010 7:24:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

make sure contacts are copied on sim and phone then go into group you want to add to click menu then click add member contacts will come up then just check each contact you want to add

make sure contacts are copied on sim and phone then go into group you want to add to click menu then click add member contacts will come up then just check each contact you want to add

12 of 15 (1,752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 5:05:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've done that many, many times but they do not save into Groups.

I've done that many, many times but they do not save into Groups.

13 of 15 (1,402 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2011 11:38:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

I think I got it!!  

Push:  Contacts

Menu: Select the "More" button

Pop up screen, select "SIM Management"

Select: Copy Contacts from SIM

I did that and ALL 249 of my contacts are now "UNASSIGNED"

Ready to put into groups.

I think I got it!!  

Push:  Contacts

Menu: Select the "More" button

Pop up screen, select "SIM Management"

Select: Copy Contacts from SIM

I did that and ALL 249 of my contacts are now "UNASSIGNED"

Ready to put into groups.

14 of 15 (1,334 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 6:06:27 PM
(0)
Contributor
this post is correct!!! the only way to do it!
this post is correct!!! the only way to do it!

15 of 15 (947 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments